Surviving University Watch

lolsomeguy999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have legitimately have not developed much discipline up till my sixth form, all I do is cram and just hand in assignments. This has somehow landed me into a low tier Russell Group uni.

However, it's becoming more and more apparent to me that my "way of life" now is going to end up biting me back as the course gets more difficult. I'm cognizant that if this continues going on, I'll be lucky if I am even able to finish the course without dropping out.

Hope someone here could give me tips and pointers on how to get back on track, because I know that I'm capable of much more, my parents are also paying for me to stay on, I don't want to disappoint them and burden them more emotionally and financially should i mess up.

Please don't take my thread the wrong way, I know there are people there who work very hard to get to where I am. I don't mean any animosity.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lolsomeguy999)
I have legitimately have not developed much discipline up till my sixth form, all I do is cram and just hand in assignments. This has somehow landed me into a low tier Russell Group uni.

However, it's becoming more and more apparent to me that my "way of life" now is going to end up biting me back as the course gets more difficult. I'm cognizant that if this continues going on, I'll be lucky if I am even able to finish the course without dropping out.

Hope someone here could give me tips and pointers on how to get back on track, because I know that I'm capable of much more, my parents are also paying for me to stay on, I don't want to disappoint them and burden them more emotionally and financially should i mess up.

Please don't take my thread the wrong way, I know there are people there who work very hard to get to where I am. I don't mean any animosity.
Things I recommend you to do:
1. Develop a flexible schedule and routine after your first month. The first month will pretty much consist of you getting familiar with things and your new environment.
2. Start every piece of assignment early, so you'll have time time to edit it and achieve a higher grade.
3. If you're struggling with work don't be scared to ask for help.
4. Ensure you're having some days of the week free so you can have fun, otherwise you'll feel burnt out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20.04%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (180)
40.09%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise