Pulling up on the left i Watch

Yaqeen2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I had my test recently

My examiner asked me to pull up on the left

So i did. However, i did so on a part of a road that had those yellow signs that have the no waiting symbol and which say parking suspension. I dont remember seeing any specified times, nor do i remember if there were two yellow lines marked on the road (if that makes a difference..?)

Of course i knew we were going to pull up for only a few moments before leaving again and continuing with the test

Anyway, was what i did ok? The examiner never said anything about it. If what i did was wrong, will my instructor get a pcn?
Last edited by Yaqeen2; 1 week ago
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not 100% sure but I doubt pulling in for 10 secs counts. When they flat out mean no STOPPING it's a red sign and lines I think, I wouldn't worry.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If it was the no waiting sign (blue circle with a single red line), then stopping momentarily like you did is perfectly fine. If it was a no stopping/clearway sign (blue circle with a red cross), then you could be penalised, but if it was a temporary restriction I doubt they'd have any cameras to enforce it, so it's unlikely you'd get anything in the post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1627)
78.98%
Leave (433)
21.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise