My Mental Health is awful rn-year 11 :( Please help me Watch

maisiex10x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I'm in year 11, and I really feel that things are plummeting downhill. It's a long story and there are a few reasons, however, my mental health is really bad right now, I never used to have any problems with it, however, since August- September, it's been really bad, I feel like crying all the time and feel so down, low, and upset. I feel like I have nobody to talk to about this, I don't want to worry others, but I'm so alone right now I know I really need to tell somebody, I'm quite a closed person, even though I appear fine and happy. I have great friends at school and stuff but don't want to worry them with my troubles, I kinda don't want my parents to find out either. I have strong anxiety most of the time. There is one friend, whose on a gap year in France, who I could probably tell, but I just don't know how and don't want her to worry, I also don't know how she would react. What should I do?! I worry things are gonna get a lot worse, with the stress of gcses school and stuff. Someone, please help.
Thanks for reading.
MinaBee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by maisiex10x)
Hi,
I'm in year 11, and I really feel that things are plummeting downhill. It's a long story and there are a few reasons, however, my mental health is really bad right now, I never used to have any problems with it, however, since August- September, it's been really bad, I feel like crying all the time and feel so down, low, and upset. I feel like I have nobody to talk to about this, I don't want to worry others, but I'm so alone right now I know I really need to tell somebody, I'm quite a closed person, even though I appear fine and happy. I have great friends at school and stuff but don't want to worry them with my troubles, I kinda don't want my parents to find out either. I have strong anxiety most of the time. There is one friend, whose on a gap year in France, who I could probably tell, but I just don't know how and don't want her to worry, I also don't know how she would react. What should I do?! I worry things are gonna get a lot worse, with the stress of gcses school and stuff. Someone, please help.
Thanks for reading.
Hey!

Sorry to hear you've been feeling low recently. Year 11 can be a really hard time for a lot of people.

I'd really recommend messaging your friend. The worst thing you can do is to keep things bottled up. I'm sure they'd love to help you. Do you have any other people you could talk to? Maybe another one of your relatives, a teacher etc.?

Feel free to message me at any time if you ever need to vent. I went through a bit of a rough patch in year 11 so I know how easy it can be for things to pile on top of you.

I hope things get better! :heart:
maisiex10x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by MinaBee)
Hey!

Sorry to hear you've been feeling low recently. Year 11 can be a really hard time for a lot of people.

I'd really recommend messaging your friend. The worst thing you can do is to keep things bottled up. I'm sure they'd love to help you. Do you have any other people you could talk to? Maybe another one of your relatives, a teacher etc.?

Feel free to message me at any time if you ever need to vent. I went through a bit of a rough patch in year 11 so I know how easy it can be for things to pile on top of you.

Aww, thank you so much for this comment! Really made me think about things. I just don't want to worry others and everything. I really don't want my parents to know, and I feel that if I was to mention it to a teacher they would contact home, etc. Maybe I will message the friend in France if things become really awful, I just don't want her to worry when she's having such a good time, will have to see! xx
thank you so so much though!!
maisiex10x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey!

Just thought I would update this, as you seemed so kind and caring! I finally reached out to the friend in France today, and I'm so glad I did. It's a very long road ahead, and she doesn't know much, but it's a step in the right direction I think. Things are still bad but hopefully will get better soon. Many thanks! x
XKangaotiCX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just thought I would update this, as you seemed so kind and caring! I finally reached out to the friend in France today, and I'm so glad I did. It's a very long road ahead, and she doesn't know much, but it's a step in the right direction I think. Things are still bad but hopefully will get better soon. Many thanks! x
Hey, just saw this thread, glad to hear you're better but feel free to pm me if you just want someone to talk to
(I also recommend 7cups.com when I'm feeling down, [no promo lol])
flamingolover
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,
Thanks for reading.
Here's the thing. i'm going to be brutally honest here. In most cases when mental health is something to seriouslyt worry about you will be in denial and won't accept it. The fact that you know about your issues make me think that your mental health isn't as bad as you think it is. Now of course i am not qualified and nor am i knowledgable on the subject so take my comments nad advice with a pinch of salt.

What youa re likely experiencing is an extended period of stress. I had it to. I was breaking down in almost every lesson. I felt like i was in a hole. Like there was no poiny in anything. Then life mvoed on and evolved so i did to. Leanr to manage your emotions and not just put up a facade to make it seem like you can. Talk to your teachers. It is their duty to help you in anyway you need so ask. My form/maths teacher was a life saver.

Teenage friends give good support but bad advice. Go to a trusted adult.

You will be fine. You arent the only one who has gone through it. As soemone who ahs been there myself, take a breather repriotise and move along with life. The more you worry about your state the more you obsess so the worse it gets.
maisiex10x
Rep:
?
(Original post by flamingolover)
Here's the thing. i'm going to be brutally honest here. In most cases when mental health is something to seriouslyt worry about you will be in denial and won't accept it. The fact that you know about your issues make me think that your mental health isn't as bad as you think it is. Now of course i am not qualified and nor am i knowledgable on the subject so take my comments nad advice with a pinch of salt.

What youa re likely experiencing is an extended period of stress. I had it to. I was breaking down in almost every lesson. I felt like i was in a hole. Like there was no poiny in anything. Then life mvoed on and evolved so i did to. Leanr to manage your emotions and not just put up a facade to make it seem like you can. Talk to your teachers. It is their duty to help you in anyway you need so ask. My form/maths teacher was a life saver.

Teenage friends give good support but bad advice. Go to a trusted adult.

You will be fine. You arent the only one who has gone through it. As soemone who ahs been there myself, take a breather repriotise and move along with life. The more you worry about your state the more you obsess so the worse it gets.
Yeh okay, thank you. I'm ngl it took me a long while maybe 4-5 months till I accepted there was something really wrong. I know yr 11 is an intense period of stress, however, there's more than just stress that has affected my mental health. I have a really lovely geography teacher who I could possibly talk to if need be. I have contacted the friend in France, therefore hopefully she can help to gradually improve things. Many thanks for your comment!
maisiex10x
Rep:
?
(Original post by XKangaotiCX)
Hey, just saw this thread, glad to hear you're better but feel free to pm me if you just want someone to talk to
(I also recommend 7cups.com when I'm feeling down, [no promo lol])
thank you so much! I have finally told 1 friend and hopefully, with the support from her, things will slowly improve.
MinaBee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ahh gosh I've only just seen your earlier message so sorry for not replying!

I'm so happy to hear that! I really hope your friend will be able to help you out a bit and that everything gets better soon! Don't ever feel like you're being a burden x
flamingolover
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeh okay, thank you. I'm ngl it took me a long while maybe 4-5 months till I accepted there was something really wrong. I know yr 11 is an intense period of stress, however, there's more than just stress that has affected my mental health. I have a really lovThately geography teacher who I could possibly talk to if need be. I have contacted the friend in France, therefore hopefully she can help to gradually improve things. Many thanks for your comment!
It's great to hear that you are getting better! keep going you are going to be fine.
maisiex10x
Rep:
?
Ahh gosh I've only just seen your earlier message so sorry for not replying!

I'm so happy to hear that! I really hope your friend will be able to help you out a bit and that everything gets better soon! Don't ever feel like you're being a burden x
aw thank you for this comment, hopefully, yeh!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.72%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.31%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.18%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.18%
No (197)
69.61%

Watched Threads