best social life accommodation at Manchester met uni

Watch
Asiandoll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,
So I was just wondering which accommodation I should go for which will have a good socia life aswell as nice looking halls 😂 , medium to high price range?
Asiandoll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Kittykatgirl)
I want to know this too! Two of my friends who go to mmu told me that Oxford and Piccadilly are more international students and not very sociable. They also told me Cambridge is the place to go for a good time but its an absolute shithole. Birley looks good for partying! Haven’t heard anything about Needham Court but I think I’m set on Birley it looks beaut.
Omg no way lol, what course are you taking because that also apparently affects where you should stay, I’m in the business department building so I think that’s kind of close to most of them. I really like needham and oxford court but I want somewhere which I’ll have fun also which is why I don’t know if I should choose social life over accommodation or vice Versa 😂
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kittykatgirl)
I want to know this too! Two of my friends who go to mmu told me that Oxford and Piccadilly are more international students and not very sociable. They also told me Cambridge is the place to go for a good time but its an absolute shithole. Birley looks good for partying! Haven’t heard anything about Needham Court but I think I’m set on Birley it looks beaut.
(Original post by Asiandoll)
Omg no way lol, what course are you taking because that also apparently affects where you should stay, I’m in the business department building so I think that’s kind of close to most of them. I really like needham and oxford court but I want somewhere which I’ll have fun also which is why I don’t know if I should choose social life over accommodation or vice Versa 😂
Hi both!

It's always hard to say which accommodation is the most sociable, as it usually depends on who you end up in a flat with.

Our Birley accommodation is usually quite social, as the flats have 8 rooms in one flat, and the townhouses have 12 rooms in one house. It is also our newest accommodation so is very modern inside. It is right near our Brooks building, and around a 10-15 minute walk to the Business school.

Cambridge and Cavendish are also known as social halls. They are cheaper than Birley, due to the fact that they are shared bathrooms and are not as new. Cavendish recently underwent a refurbishment so is quite modern inside now.

Oxford Court and Needham Court are very similar in terms of furnishings so there isn't much difference there. The main difference between the two is that Oxford Court only has 3-4 rooms in one flat, whereas Needham has 6-8. Some flats can therefore be quite quiet in Oxford Court as there aren't many people sharing. However again, it really depends on who you end up in a flat with, as some flats in Oxford Court a really sociable.

Have either of you had the chance to visit us at an Open Day? If not, then if you have an offer you will be able to attend a visit day where you can have a look around some of our accommodation to compare. When you go on accommodation tours, you are shown around by student ambassadors, some of which will be staying on our halls so it's always worth asking them what their experience has been.

I hope this helps.

Rebecca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.78%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
44.94%
Not bothered either way (38)
12.03%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.25%

Watched Threads