The Student Room Group

Why Is Preferring Taller Guys Wrong?

I'm 5" and find taller guys more attractive, lots of other girls I know do too. Its OK for guys to have preferences (I'm petite, got medium sized boobs and been teased for them loads of times b4) but if girls prefer tall guys they get **** for it lol. I have tried dating shorter guys (5"6, 5"7 etc.) but the ones I have dated have been quite mean/had Napoleon syndrome which hasn't helped. Anyways why is it apparently wrong for girls to not like dating shorter guys? I also know short guys who prefer tall women and I dont ***** about that but the short guys I know call me shallow for dating big guys! :yep:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's not.

Everyone has their own preferences. People say it's shallow when they don't agree with others.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
It's not.

Everyone has their own preferences. People say it's shallow when they don't agree with others.

Thanks
it's shallow. you are rejecting 90% of the male population without having met them

smh
Reply 4
Original post by the bear
it's shallow. you are rejecting 90% of the male population without having met them

smh

But more guys than that are my preferred height also guys have physical preferences too, most guys would reject a 200lb girl for instance
Original post by Anonymous
But more guys than that are my preferred height also guys have physical preferences too, most guys would reject a 200lb girl for instance

being 200lbs is a consequence of lifestyle choices.... being under 6' tall is not

smh
Reply 6
It's not wrong to have preferences. Not one bit.

What IS wrong is when one seeks to establish their preferences as some kind of "moral standard" and/or is disgusted by the mere thought of other people having preferences against them, or different to their own. It's perfectly okay for women to say they won't date short guys, but don't scream "body positivity" if a man, short or otherwise, says he doesn't date fat girls.
gir, you prefer tall guy not taller guys cause if you 5 foot majority of guys will be taller than you anyways
lol the irony of a 5 foot girl calling a 5'7 guy short. Those guys are a whole 7 inches taller than you.
Reply 9
those who said its wrong are wrong. i like tall guys too
It's not wrong. My boyfriend is tall but I'm not with him because of that, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't an attractive trait of his.

It's wrong to totally write off a guy solely because he's a bit shorter. You have to at least consider the person behind the height.
Original post by Homo Fuge
lol the irony of a 5 foot girl calling a 5'7 guy short. Those guys are a whole 7 inches taller than you.

But being short isnt an insult, I'm short too haha the only thing is that I don't find shorter guys as attractive. And a lot of short guys I know prefer taller girls anyway which as I said I have no probs with.
But being short isnt an insult, I'm short too haha the only thing is that I don't find shorter guys as attractive. And a lot of short guys I know prefer taller girls anyway which as I said I have no probs with.

My point was that it doesn't make sense for someone of your height to be calling people taller than you short because technically they aren't short if they are still taller than you.
Original post by Homo Fuge
My point was that it doesn't make sense for someone of your height to be calling people taller than you short because technically they aren't short if they are still taller than you.

Lmao no, there's a difference between "tall" and "taller"

@ChickenMadness when will they learn?
Original post by DrawTheLine
It's not wrong. My boyfriend is tall but I'm not with him because of that, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't an attractive trait of his.

It's wrong to totally write off a guy solely because he's a bit shorter. You have to at least consider the person behind the height.

But why? Loads of guys would write off fat girls, hell Im on the skinny side but Im sure some guys wouldn't consider me for not having enough "meat" haha
Original post by Ara2,
those who said its wrong are wrong. i like tall guys too

they're dreamy arent they :fan:
Reply 16
What you find attractive or not has no rules and I'm not sure if girls do criticised for this really. I have been surprised for how many this is a big thing. It seems a bit strange to me as there are so many other factors influencing attractiveness. I have a preference for short girls but there are many stunning tall ones. I am glad I'm 5'11", one of the fairly small list of physical features that have helped me in the dating game.

I don't know who you are referring to when you say 'they.' I am neither a man nor short. :lol:
Original post by the bear

smh

it's more like 40% since the average height for men is around 5'9" - 5'10" in UK. So there should be an equal number of men taller and shorter than that.

lmao. They never learn, smh.

Kinda wish I was a midget with a giant gf ngl.
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm 5" and find taller guys more attractive, lots of other girls I know do too. Its OK for guys to have preferences (I'm petite, got medium sized boobs and been teased for them loads of times b4) but if girls prefer tall guys they get **** for it lol. I have tried dating shorter guys (5"6, 5"7 etc.) but the ones I have dated have been quite mean/had Napoleon syndrome which hasn't helped. Anyways why is it apparently wrong for girls to not like dating shorter guys? I also know short guys who prefer tall women and I dont ***** about that but the short guys I know call me shallow for dating big guys! :yep:

It's not wrong, it's biologically programmed into you to prefer taller guys. It's 100% natural.

You can't be 'shallow' for having evolutionary instincts so don't let anyone shame you otherwise, they have the exact same instincts as you - which means they're just virtue signaling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending