II
Last edited by justaperson21; 9 months ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by justaperson21)
I have recieved offers from Middlesex (unconditonal), Oxford Brookes, Exeter, Loughborough and Sussex to study accounting and finance. I am stuck for which universities to make as my firm and insurance choices. Does anyone have any advice or past experience?
make a pros and cons list for each university
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
We will be able to help you more if you tell us your predicted grades and what each Uni has offered you. Because Exeter, Loughborough and Sussex are generally condidered better Unis than the other two, but you should only pick them if you believe you have a good chance of getting the grades they require.

Don't feel that you have to choose Middlesex just because they have made you an unconditional offer - you should go to the best Uni you can get into.
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I am currently studying a BTEC in applied science and my predicted grades are D*DD. Sussex, Loughborough and Exeter require DDD and Middlesex and Oxford Brookes require DMM. I achieved distinctions for all my units last year. So long as I continue as I did, I should expect to achieve higher than my predicted grades. (not trying to be cocky).

I have been to an aplicant day at Middlesex university and one of the course representatives for accounting and finance told me that I was "better off going to Loughbourough or Exeter" (the other offers I had at the time). That threw me off of going to Middlesex a little. People at my workplace whom attend Middlesex have also advised my to avoid it but they have not given me any reasons.

Thank you.

Is there anyone
In terms of reputation Exeter and Loughborough are the top then Sussex, Oxford Brooks and lastly Middlesx which ranks quite poorly and if you can get the grades most would choose Exeter or Loughborough as their firm. Visit them before deciding and dont decide until April.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I am currently studying a BTEC in applied science and my predicted grades are D*DD. Sussex, Loughborough and Exeter require DDD and Middlesex and Oxford Brookes require DMM. I achieved distinctions for all my units last year. So long as I continue as I did, I should expect to achieve higher than my predicted grades. (not trying to be cocky).

I have been to an aplicant day at Middlesex university and one of the course representatives for accounting and finance told me that I was "better off going to Loughbourough or Exeter" (the other offers I had at the time). That threw me off of going to Middlesex a little. People at my workplace whom attend Middlesex have also advised my to avoid it but they have not given me any reasons.
Is there anyone
Oh dear poor Middlesex, even their own course representatives are suggesting Loughborough or Exeter!

With those predicted grades, I would definitely aim high...but you probably need to visit them both before making a decision because they have a very different feel - Loughborough is very sporty, for example, while Exeter has a bit of a reputation for being posh.

Maybe put L or Ex as your Firm choice and Sussex as your Insurance as they are the ones most likely to be lenient?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
**applicant

I have booked to visit the other four universities, all of which are in February. Hopefully they are useful! Middlesex's open day just left me more confused to be honest. Loughborough have been lovely before I had even applied.

Thank you for your responce.
**response

You're welcome, and that's a really good plan. You are bound to find that one or two of them stand out as more appealing than the others, and that will make the decision a lot easier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed