Forever revising
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, I really really appreciate if you read this,
So I'm basically halfway through the GCSE course and I'm in yr 10, and I am just about beginning to actually revise for them now. I get good grades but only because I revise.I've heard some of my friends saying that they started last September. Is it really too late to begin now? I'm trying to say that if I start revising now does that mean I'm not going to do as well as I would have if I started back in September? I'm just getting really paranoid because I feel like because of my late revision I'll get low grades on my gcse's, just need some advice tbh.
Thank you so much and I'll appreciate any reply.
14asmshei
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are you in yr 10 or 11?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Forever revising)
Hi guys, I really really appreciate if you read this,
So I'm basically halfway through the GCSE course and I'm in yr 10, and I am just about beginning to actually revise for them now. I get good grades but only because I revise.I've heard some of my friends saying that they started last September. Is it really too late to begin now? I'm trying to say that if I start revising now does that mean I'm not going to do as well as I would have if I started back in September? I'm just getting really paranoid because I feel like because of my late revision I'll get low grades on my gcse's, just need some advice tbh.
Thank you so much and I'll appreciate any reply.
You're absolutely fine.

(Original post by 14asmshei)
are you in yr 10 or 11?
In the post it says they're in year 10.
14asmshei
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if you are in year 10 don't stress, SERIOUSLY DONT STRESS you are fine, many start revision in Jan year 11. in fact I myself am starting revision now for my exams in 4 months. in year 10 just focus on knowing the content fully and understanding it as you won't have time to relearn things later on. you can do some light revision but I would only recommend about an hour a day. don't exhaust yourself and don't worry, if you do too much hard work in yr 10, by yr 11 you will have worn yourself out. hope I've put your worries to rest.
LittleIrishGeek
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s never too late to start! Any revision is better than no revision after all. Everyone’s different anyway, some people learn better by revising all year and others do better if they revise less. It’s also possible to revise too much. In the end, you won’t know if starting earlier would’ve helped you much if at all so try not to worry too much about it (easier said than done, I know) and just focus on what revision you want to do now. And good luck with your GCSEs
Forever revising
Rep:
?
(Original post by 14asmshei)
if you are in year 10 don't stress, SERIOUSLY DONT STRESS you are fine, many start revision in Jan year 11. in fact I myself am starting revision now for my exams in 4 months. in year 10 just focus on knowing the content fully and understanding it as you won't have time to relearn things later on. you can do some light revision but I would only recommend about an hour a day. don't exhaust yourself and don't worry, if you do too much hard work in yr 10, by yr 11 you will have worn yourself out. hope I've put your worries to rest.
Thank you so much for that 💗
Forever revising
Rep:
?
(Original post by LittleIrishGeek)
It’s never too late to start! Any revision is better than no revision after all. Everyone’s different anyway, some people learn better by revising all year and others do better if they revise less. It’s also possible to revise too much. In the end, you won’t know if starting earlier would’ve helped you much if at all so try not to worry too much about it (easier said than done, I know) and just focus on what revision you want to do now. And good luck with your GCSEs
Thank so so much, you've really put my worries to rest, sometimes I can really exaggerate the meaning of revision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (164)
61.19%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.1%
No- I want it (74)
27.61%
No- I don't want it (19)