Joining the Army after being medically rejected. Watch

ManDemTing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello I am interested in reapplying for the British Army but I have tried already in 2017 and I got past the face to face meeting and then I got a phone call saying I was medically rejected and was never told why, I assume it was because of a suicide attempt many many years ago and I was told I could get a letter from my G.P saying I seem fine but I've read that it's very rare for appeals to go through and I don't want to waste money on a letter from the G.P if I'm just going to get medically rejected.

Basically just after a bit of advice, I'd love to be a Tank Crewman in the Army!

Thanks for the help!

Ryan.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Drewski
Est.1989
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I would recommend appealing the decision if it is what you really want to do. However, your success in overturning your PMU is dependent on what and why. I would suggest taking a look at the JSP 950, which can easily be found through a google search. This will give you an idea of when/if your appeal will likely be successful given the correct supporting information.

In the meantime, keep working on your fitness as you never know
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ManDemTing)
FFS who thinks that getting a letter from a GP is a waste compared with trying to get career in the Armed Forces? That sort of attitude is basic evidence you don't have what it takes. Take your civvy mindset and go and sell vegetables on a market stall, that should be challenge enough for you.

Also, learn to ask basic questions. If someone tells you to can't have something you really want, ask why - you buttercup!
NFI
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
FFS who thinks that getting a letter from a GP is a waste compared with trying to get career in the Armed Forces? That sort of attitude is basic evidence you don't have what it takes. Take your civvy mindset and go and sell vegetables on a market stall, that should be challenge enough for you.

Also, learn to ask basic questions. If someone tells you to can't have something you really want, ask why - you buttercup!
Good job you didn’t call them a snowflake, that’s what we’re after according to the new adverts 👀
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by NFI)
Good job you didn’t call them a snowflake, that’s what we’re after according to the new adverts 👀
I know, but sometimes you have to wonder
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads