The Student Room Group

Midwifery UCAS 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieGrove
Hope so! Have you heard?

When I applied I sent an email alongside to say that I'd recently completed 18 months of a Nursing degree as my access course is older than 3 years and I knew they wanted to see recent study within the last 3 years. They emailed back to ask for my transcript and my access and gcse certificates which I provided and they emailed me last Wednesday to say my application had been sent to the tutors but I haven't heard anything since x
Original post by Jacksmummy
When I applied I sent an email alongside to say that I'd recently completed 18 months of a Nursing degree as my access course is older than 3 years and I knew they wanted to see recent study within the last 3 years. They emailed back to ask for my transcript and my access and gcse certificates which I provided and they emailed me last Wednesday to say my application had been sent to the tutors but I haven't heard anything since x

Yeah mine is older than 3 years but I rang them first and spoke with them regarding it and the guy said it didn’t matter but I wasn’t 100% convinced x
Yeah mine is older than 3 years but I rang them first and spoke with them regarding it and the guy said it didn’t matter but I wasn’t 100% convinced x

Oh really? Well that's good to know. I panicked after because they also asked for a reference from my uni tutor but she said she could only provide the dates I was there and not an actual reference so I was worried it would go against me, they said not to worry about it in the end so I'm hoping that as my transcript shows I passed my first year with a first, they will be able to see that I didn't leave because I was failing. But seeing as they're happy to accept access course that are older than three year, it shouldn't matter at all so fingers crossed. I was hoping I might have had a reply by now as my application has been with the midwifery team for a week but I'm assuming that they must be very busy if they haven't had chance to process it yet x
Oh really? Well that's good to know. I panicked after because they also asked for a reference from my uni tutor but she said she could only provide the dates I was there and not an actual reference so I was worried it would go against me, they said not to worry about it in the end so I'm hoping that as my transcript shows I passed my first year with a first, they will be able to see that I didn't leave because I was failing. But seeing as they're happy to accept access course that are older than three year, it shouldn't matter at all so fingers crossed. I was hoping I might have had a reply by now as my application has been with the midwifery team for a week but I'm assuming that they must be very busy if they haven't had chance to process it yet x

That’s what he said, I wasn’t going to apply because I’ve not done anything in the last 3 years, I’ve done bits through work that have been academic but nothing fully academic if that makes sense, but he said still apply, as it doesn’t always matter. So fingers crossed x
That’s what he said, I wasn’t going to apply because I’ve not done anything in the last 3 years, I’ve done bits through work that have been academic but nothing fully academic if that makes sense, but he said still apply, as it doesn’t always matter. So fingers crossed x

Have you heard anymore from Northampton? X
Have you heard anymore from Northampton? X

No, have you? X
No, have you? X

No nothing, I'm debating phoning but don't want an unsuccessful for being annoying 😂
No nothing, I'm debating phoning but don't want an unsuccessful for being annoying 😂

I NEARLY rang today to ‘check they received my certificates okay’ but thought I better not 😂 x
I NEARLY rang today to ‘check they received my certificates okay’ but thought I better not 😂 x

😂😂😂 It's so hard to not pester isn't it. They emailed me 2 days after I sent mine in to say they had passed my application over to the midwifery tutors but that was nearly 2 weeks ago now and I still haven't heard anything x
😂😂😂 It's so hard to not pester isn't it. They emailed me 2 days after I sent mine in to say they had passed my application over to the midwifery tutors but that was nearly 2 weeks ago now and I still haven't heard anything x

I thought I may get away with checking as I sent my certificates from my work email, which has my married name on, but I wasn’t married when I applied. I did explain that when I attached them but I’m still too scared! Oh how annoying, fingers crossed you hear soon! X
I thought I may get away with checking as I sent my certificates from my work email, which has my married name on, but I wasn’t married when I applied. I did explain that when I attached them but I’m still too scared! Oh how annoying, fingers crossed you hear soon! X

My certificates have now been attached to my application, she wouldn’t say anything else 🙈 they’re working on emails from Thursday 7th currently and mine was sent on Wednesday 6th x
My certificates have now been attached to my application, she wouldn’t say anything else 🙈 they’re working on emails from Thursday 7th currently and mine was sent on Wednesday 6th x

Surely if theyre working on emails from the 7th they would have already done yours? I sent mine on the 27th of Jan x
Surely if theyre working on emails from the 7th they would have already done yours? I sent mine on the 27th of Jan x

Yeah she said they’ve been attached. You’ll probably hear a few weeks before me I’d imagine as yours went way before mine x
Yeah she said they’ve been attached. You’ll probably hear a few weeks before me I’d imagine as yours went way before mine x

I just phoned and she said it's still with the midwifery tutors and no decision has been made yet 😕 I'm not sure how much longer I can wait 😭
I just phoned and she said it's still with the midwifery tutors and no decision has been made yet 😕 I'm not sure how much longer I can wait 😭

Have you ever applied before? X

Yes but it was 5 years ago now and to a different uni x

OMG got all excited as I saw I had an email from Northampton, saw the title as "your invitation to" thought I'd got an interview to then realise it was an invitation to a discovery day 🙈
OMG got all excited as I saw I had an email from Northampton, saw the title as "your invitation to" thought I'd got an interview to then realise it was an invitation to a discovery day 🙈

Oh no! I haven’t had one of those so maybe it means something good 😂 I know you get invited to one when you apply but surely they wouldn’t invite you if they were going to reject you before an interview? 😂 x
Oh no! I haven’t had one of those so maybe it means something good 😂 I know you get invited to one when you apply but surely they wouldn’t invite you if they were going to reject you before an interview? 😂 x

I hope so 🙈 I had a generic email about a discovery day not long after I first applied but this time it was a midwifery specific one with a date for it so I got all excited 😂 nevermind, hopefully my next email will be an interview invite instead 🤞.
I hope so 🙈 I had a generic email about a discovery day not long after I first applied but this time it was a midwifery specific one with a date for it so I got all excited 😂 nevermind, hopefully my next email will be an interview invite instead 🤞.

Ah fingers crossed! I wanna hear so badly now, even if it’s just a discovery day 😂 x

Quick Reply

Latest