The Student Room Group

UK Border force (November 2018)

Scroll to see replies

I know some people have had start dates for Manchester
Original post by chrisnolan77
I know some people have had start dates for Manchester

I applied for the Northern Region (North East), I haven't heard many people have movement for positions around here. I've mostly seen movement around the Manchester & London areas.

I've seen a few people, again down south saying that they've had some online learning to complete for July then they are attending training as per normal (subject to social distancing) in June. Also, seen training courses for Aug & Sept. So, hopefully a few other training courses will come up soon :biggrin:
So have you guys not been through an interview at all yet? c98bax I thought you had been through SC

No nothing at all, its a long process and it's taking its time. Just hoping that the positions become available soon for Teesport
Original post by Stallion1989
No nothing at all, its a long process and it's taking its time. Just hoping that the positions become available soon for Teesport

I've seen someone mention on another forum that they recently started at Teesport. Atleast there is some movement I suppose?

I'm still on the reserve list for the North East. I'm hoping i hear something soon.
Offers have gone out to some in NW too
Offers have gone out to some in NW too

It is great to see movement, it provides a little but some confidence there is movement. However....... i'm being selfish and not happy that I haven't received one yet haha

Also, I have seen an advert for a 'recruiter' for the GRS... Hopefully they are taking on more recruiters for us waiting for job offers! :biggrin:
Original post by MarcJ89
I've seen someone mention on another forum that they recently started at Teesport. Atleast there is some movement I suppose?

I'm still on the reserve list for the North East. I'm hoping i hear something soon.

Yeah I started on Monday at Teesport
I am frustrated too. Nov 2018 I applied for this job. Just being told to be patient and wait for the call......
Same! Still waiting on Manchester offer. Applied November 18 🙄 had my reserve list extended in April for 6 months 😫
I am frustrated too. Nov 2018 I applied for this job. Just being told to be patient and wait for the call......

Yeah me to buddy, applied in November 2018 & interview wasn't until March 2020. Don't think I can recall waiting for an interview anywhere else as long? lol... I've seen other people mention expect to wait around 12-18 months for an offer. How true this is, i'm not 100% sure.

The sooner Covid-19 is sorted & people can travel without restrictions the better. Hopefully there will be a big boom on job offers shortly after.

Did you see there was going to be around 700mil invested into the UK BF?
Original post by Runner1708
Same! Still waiting on Manchester offer. Interviewed in November 18 🙄

Crazy isn't it!

I would love to know how many people they actually have on this 'reserve' list per area. If they could say you are 5th in line for a job for example, atleast that would give us some information. Instead, they just say we cant provide you with an update... smh
Hey, I applied Nov 2018 and got my provisional offer this morning!
I starts my training on the 26th October. waited since Nov 2018 for the job
where you going Emily alison96 ?
Good Evening, Everyone! :ciao:

Not checked in here for a while. Hope you’re all doing well?

Received my provisional offer this morning. :grin:

Applied in November 2018. Liverpool & Manchester Airport as my 1st / 2nd choice options. Been held in reserve since July 2019.

Original post by emilyalison96

Congratulations, Emily! Well done!

Where are you going to be based? I don’t know much at the moment. I need to fill all the forms in over the weekend and get everything returned asap!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by emilyalison96

I starts my training on the 26th October. waited since Nov 2018 for the job

Original post by Bluenose_1878
Good Evening, Everyone! :ciao:

Not checked in here for a while. Hope you’re all doing well?

Received my provisional offer this morning. :grin:

Applied in November 2018. Liverpool & Manchester Airport as my 1st / 2nd choice options. Been held in reserve since July 2019.

Congratulations, Emily! Well done!

Where are you going to be based? I don’t know much at the moment. I need to fill all the forms in over the weekend and get everything returned asap!

Well done everyone with getting start dates or offers.

What I would say is get yourself a packet of pens and a big notebook as you will need it!
LOL, will go to Staples tomorrow
Original post by MonkeyH
Well done everyone with getting start dates or offers.

What I would say is get yourself a packet of pens and a big notebook as you will need it!

Thanks a lot, MonkeyH!

My provisional offer is for Manchester. Going to complete all the additional documentation tomorrow.

Approximately how long did the vetting process take, for those that were successful?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bluenose_1878
Thanks a lot, MonkeyH!

My provisional offer is for Manchester. Going to complete all the additional documentation tomorrow.

Approximately how long did the vetting process take, for those that were successful?

From my own experience only it was four weeks (ish) for SC clearance and the other stuff was maybe three or four weeks (I was already a civil servant)

I started at Manchester also!
Hi

I applied back in Nov 18. Had a provisional offer through start August for Liverpool. Same as MonkeyH on timescales (non civil servant) SC took 3 week and all 3/4 weeks for ID verification etc. Looks like a few of us are getting offers through from this campaign

Quick Reply

Latest