The Student Room Group

UK Border force (November 2018)

Scroll to see replies

Cheers.
Nerves kicking in now. Really want to do well. Guess what will be will be.
Original post by chrisnolan77
Cheers.
Nerves kicking in now. Really want to do well. Guess what will be will be.

Just relax, be yourself and take your time answering the questions. I'm sure you will be fine!

The panel were very down to earth and put you at ease.

Let us know how you get on. Best of British luck, mate!
Well had my interview today. Not happy with my answer to the first main question. Other than that felt ok about the rest of the interview.
Panel was lovely. Did find out that they only interviewed 54 people over the two days. And they came from all over the place. Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow and Newcastle
Did they ask you the unbias competency question? I had that but didn’t have a example prepped so was stuck for a bit hah. Oh right, we’ll surely that would be a positive to take for all of us? Pretty sure they said the most vacancies were in Manchester
yeah, that was the same question that got me. Think I managed to get something out of it tho
They told our Group they did not know where the vacancies would be. How long was your interview?
Yeh they didn’t have much information tbh. Around 20 minutes all in. How did you find answering the strength questions? I always go to **** in interviews. Ended up using example for each one but didn’t lay it out like STAR for the strength questions
Was happy with the strength based answers. got myself slightly confused with the i in team question...but other than that ok. Just want to pass. I presume we are graded on 1-7 again
Yeh what was it again? There is no i in team how far do you agree with this statement or something ?
yeah that was it.....
All just have to wait on the result now. Hope it's not November before we hear anything.
Think I was like ‘yeh I do blah blah [example] I didn’t follow star for the strength q as you cant really translate it into it if that makes any sense.. I rekon we will find out by next Friday. It would be so frustrating if I got reserve list. Hopefully they’ll be a little bit more efficient and plenty of vacancies around here!
I did use a example for it though. Ah well no point pondering but a waiting game again
Good luck. Post when you hear anything
Find it really odd how they are still doing interviews when people are on reserve lists and had interviews in Feb/March. Very bizarre. Good luck though and hope you hear back soon
They’ll have reserve lists for different regions I imagine. Did they do any recruitment back in 2018 for the north?
Yes I was one of them (Manchester) applied like you guys Oct/nov had my interview early March and now on reserve list. There are a few on these threads in same position.
Original post by J-Bloor1991
They’ll have reserve lists for different regions I imagine. Did they do any recruitment back in 2018 for the north?
Yeh so this is very odd indeed. I suspect [as there was a lot of emphasis from one of them regarding a reserve list when I was getting interviewed] I might be put on this list haha. They told me that this recruitment campaign had been a real mess not in those exact words. They don’t know what numbers they will need but they must have a inkling that numbers are gonna be needed over the next 12 months.
my interview was yesterday. Was led to believe it was not just for the north
I'm sure we will all find out within the next couple of weeks, possibly sooner dependent on demand and positions available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending