The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Offer from university of Surrey

Hi guys, I need your help, since I'm not from Uk and I'm dealing with Uk universities.
I got an offer from the university of Surrey just one day after sending my application, and I'm wondering how is that possible?

I'm asking you if this university send an offer to everyone immediately after they send the application.
Furthermore I have to complete a series of procedures online, like translating my diploma from high school.

I'm having the impression that they didn't accepted me but first of all they want to know more about so, so this is why they are asking to me Diploma and other things.

My question is, it is normal to get an offer so fast, or is this particular university that do that for everyone.

Thanks for the help.
It's not that unusual and not something that only ever happens at Surrey (or that Surrey always do).

In short, it's nothing to be suspicious about or worry about.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
It's not that unusual and not something that only ever happens at Surrey (or that Surrey always do).

In short, it's nothing to be suspicious about or worry about.

Ok, but I do not understand if I get accepted in the University, because they are asking me a lots of things, like the exams and the certification that I took, I just want to know If I get accepted or all the people that apply for Surrey from outside UK have to do this.

Thanks.
Well I can't see the exact wording of their message to you so it's hard for me to say for sure.

In your original post you said that "I got an offer" ...so I assumed that they had offered you a place. If that is the case, they may still want to see proof of the exams you have taken and a translation of your Diploma. It is quite usual for Unis to check the qualifications of applicants who are not 18 year olds coming straight to Uni from school. - they just need to check that you have the appropriate qualifications for the course they have offered you a place at.
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
Well I can't see the exact wording of their message to you so it's hard for me to say for sure.

In your original post you said that "I got an offer" ...so I assumed that they had offered you a place. If that is the case, they may still want to see proof of the exams you have taken and a translation of your Diploma. It is quite usual for Unis to check the qualifications of applicants who are not 18 year olds coming straight to Uni from school. - they just need to check that you have the appropriate qualifications for the course they have offered you a place at.

On the UCAS portal, it is written 1 offer on 5, and I receive an email with this title "you got a offer".
Then I log in in the surrey site and there is a web site where they ask me to upload file about exam and english certification test.

By the way I'm above 18, because in Italy we finish high school at 19.
Well it certainly sounds like you got an offer ...but they want to check your qualifications. This is probably something they always do and it's no problem as long as you have a copy of the qualifications that you said you had on the UCAS form.

I would just upload the stuff they are asking you to ...and attach an email asking for clarification about what your offer is (maybe it's unconditional if you have finished high school?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending