Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend kissed another girl watch

ReputationRep:
    It's just a kiss that he got caught doing. We don't know what else he's been up to that he hasn't been caught doing.

In these circumstances it's reasonable that if he ever has actually fully cheated, that he'd lie about it. And that he'd lie about "It'll never happen again." Or that his actions in the future won't match up to his words now.

If he is your first boyfriend Amy1114, I would strongly recommend that you dump him and find a new boyfriend anyway. Just to find out what other men are like. And with the expectation that somewhere out there is a man who will love you at least as much as your current boyfriend does and who will be more compatible with you than your current one.

ReputationRep:
    Oof

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy1114)
    I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years and we love each other very much. Or atleast I thought he did. I found out last week that he kissed another girl in a taxi on a way home from a night out; and both of them swear that It was just a “peck” but he then also lied about who he was to her. I did not find out though my boyfriend but through a friend who knows the girl, when I confronted my boyfriend he told me everything but said he did not want to tell me because he was ashsamed and upset with himself for what he had done. He has been texting me non stop and my mum declaring his love for me and saying he will spend his whole life trying to make it better and it was a stupid mistake that will never happen again. He also to add, has never cheated on me in the past. I’m so hurt and so upset he could even do this because I trusted him with all my heart: what do I do? Please help I don’t know where else to turn
    my opinion would be to forgive. people do mistakes. and dont judge how he will do because of other men. thats not a justified reason.

ReputationRep:
    Just because someone makes a mistake once, that does not mean they will do it again, contrary to the weirdly confident claims to the contrary by people in this thread.

Yes some people are serial cheaters, but if this guy just made one relatively small mistake after 6 years... he's probably not that?

Just make a rational assessment about whether you have rational reason to believe he won't do it again and whether you have the courage to genuinely trust him again and if the relationship is worth this trouble. No one else can do that calculation for you!

I would personally end it. It’s less about what he’ll do in the future and more about what he did.

He can be an angel of a human in the future trying to make it up to me, but that doesn’t change what he did. Other mistakes can be forgiven - not cheating.

It might be my inner ocd playing but every time I look at him, I would think about what he did, where those lips have been etc... which just disgusts me. Don’t see a healthy relationship anymore so best to end it before wasting time in a relationship consumed by disappointment and paranoia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I would personally end it. It’s less about what he’ll do in the future and more about what he did.

He can be an angel of a human in the future trying to make it up to me, but that doesn’t change what he did. Other mistakes can be forgiven - not cheating.

It might be my inner ocd playing but every time I look at him, I would think about what he did, where those lips have been etc... which just disgusts me. Don’t see a healthy relationship anymore so best to end it before wasting time in a relationship consumed by disappointment and paranoia.
    lol stop talking like he did the worst thing possible.
    its just a kiss. not like he slept with her. as when people say cheated on me it generally is about sleeping with someone.

6 years and end it cause of something as small as a kiss?
    i would understand it more if the relationship was like 2 weeks or something. but 6 years? damn.
    need to be more forgiving. give the man another chance.

(Original post by certain some1)
    lol stop talking like he did the worst thing possible.
    its just a kiss. not like he slept with her. as when people say cheated on me it generally is about sleeping with someone.

6 years and end it cause of something as small as a kiss?
    i would understand it more if the relationship was like 2 weeks or something. but 6 years? damn.
    need to be more forgiving. give the man another chance.
    You shouldn’t minimise things on behalf of the OP.

You could be fine with an open relationship for all I care. Personally, I expect 100% loyalty and that’s just me. Except in this case op is obv upset with her bf’s action, and she is entitled to without being told ‘it’s just a kiss’.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You shouldn’t minimise things on behalf of the OP.

You could be fine with an open relationship for all I care. Personally, I expect 100% loyalty and that’s just me. Except in this case op is obv upset with her bf’s action, and she is entitled to without being told ‘it’s just a kiss’.
    not she should be happy with what he did. maybe take a break. find a solution. but dont just break up (my opnion).
    my opnion would be to forgive.
    and to think that the girl is coming on student room for advise what to do, suggests that she doesnt really want to end the relationship if it is possible to continue it.
    the kiss was a mistake. but the guy cant do everything without mistake. I'd suggest forgive the man for the action. if he is geniune of the apology then he wouldn't do it again.

ReputationRep:
    girl, get yo ass together and slip his ass

(Original post by certain some1)
    not she should be happy with what he did. maybe take a break. find a solution. but dont just break up (my opnion).
    my opnion would be to forgive.
    and to think that the girl is coming on student room for advise what to do, suggests that she doesnt really want to end the relationship if it is possible to continue it.
    the kiss was a mistake. but the guy cant do everything without mistake. I'd suggest forgive the man for the action. if he is geniune of the apology then he wouldn't do it again.
    You can suggest that to the OP, but leave my suggestion alone.

Forgive and forget all you want. I personally wouldn’t and was merely letting the OP know my reasoning.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.