Does my guy friend like me as more than a friend? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So, I made friends with this guy on my uni course and we've known each other for about 3 months now. We have a lot of banter and often lightly tease each other. Lately though, his teasing has become flirty in a way. Like normally he doesn't touch me as much but today he was touching me a lot (not in a sexual way). He would put his arm through mine and his hand on my back.

Then, later when we were talking to another girl, who is a friends of ours, on our way back to the station, she asked if I go the same way as my guy friend and my guy friend jokingly said that I am going to go home with him and make love. I laughed it off and called him a idiot. Then he asked the girl imagine if me and him became a couple. The girl said she could see us as a couple and he laughed and said no way but he turned slightly red in the face.

I am just curious and wondering if he likes me as more than a friend or if he is just joking.
aurora8742
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
im in a similar situtaion to you but i feel its best to maybe to confront his feelings towards you.
do you see yourself being in a relationship with him?
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
painful words
Anonymous #1
(Original post by aurora8742)
im in a similar situtaion to you but i feel its best to maybe to confront his feelings towards you.
do you see yourself being in a relationship with him?
I could see myself having sex with him because I do find him attractive but I don't think I could see a long-term relationship with him.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zasty)
painful words
What words are painful?
tuftyispie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So, I made friends with this guy on my uni course and we've known each other for about 3 months now. We have a lot of banter and often lightly tease each other. Lately though, his teasing has become flirty in a way. Like normally he doesn't touch me as much but today he was touching me a lot (not in a sexual way). He would put his arm through mine and his hand on my back.

Then, later when we were talking to another girl, who is a friends of ours, on our way back to the station, she asked if I go the same way as my guy friend and my guy friend jokingly said that I am going to go home with him and make love. I laughed it off and called him a idiot. Then he asked the girl imagine if me and him became a couple. The girl said she could see us as a couple and he laughed and said no way but he turned slightly red in the face.

I am just curious and wondering if he likes me as more than a friend or if he is just joking.
To me, it sounds like he has a crush on you.

Physical contact is away a lot of men will find out how comfortable you are around them and whether they maybe have a chance.

I make sexual jokes with my girl best friend and we both know I'm joking and it's not awkward. If he's quite awkward after it he might be saying it in a flirty way.

Someone saying you would be a good couple and him going red and laughing it off seems like a dead giveaway. Its what I do, I say that the relationship would be awful whilst my face turns into a tomato.

When it comes to confronting him it depends on the kinda guy he is. If he is quite open and confident it probably won't be that awkward if you go up to him and ask him whether he is serious, something like this might work: 'My friends think that you have a crush on me, do you?'. However, if he is quite quiet and shy (like me) you might need to approach the situation a bit differently. If you like him back try touching him to gauge how he reacts to physical contact and after that maybe try flirting back and see where that goes. If you don't like him back you need to let him know you don't feel the same way, as a guy I know how awful mixed signals are. The best way to do this, even if guys hate it, is to put him in the friend zone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.41%
No (138)
74.59%

Watched Threads