The Student Room Group

Does my result need to be remarked?

I just received my result yesterday and I was doing cie AS and A2 level.Do I need to remark if my maths score 79, which was one mark away from A and 79 is already the total mark I allocated in AS and A2.Please help me
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Rm12347
I just received my result yesterday and I was doing cie AS and A2 level.Do I need to remark if my maths score 79, which was one mark away from A and 79 is already the total mark I allocated in AS and A2.Please help me

You cam only get the papers you sat recently reviewed. Can you get access to a copy for a teacher to check?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
You cam only get the papers you sat recently reviewed. Can you get access to a copy for a teacher to check?

I think no.
Original post by Rm12347
I think no.

Edexcel offers this in England so I would be surprised if you cannot ask for a copy of your paper. If not then what is the process for asking for a review of marking? What UMS have you already got? You'll need a total of 480 to get an A.
Reply 5
Edexcel offers this in England so I would be surprised if you cannot ask for a copy of your paper. If not then what is the process for asking for a review of marking? What UMS have you already got? You'll need a total of 480 to get an A.

UMS 211 is need for an A.I just got 210 which was exactly one mark away from A.
Original post by Rm12347
UMS 211 is need for an A.I just got 210 which was exactly one mark away from A.

I meant an overall grade A for the whole A level - not just that paper.
Reply 7
I meant an overall grade A for the whole A level - not just that paper.Mark

Total marks for whole A level maths are 250 and 211 /250 is grade A
Original post by Rm12347
Total marks for whole A level maths are 250 and 211 /250 is grade A

So are you saying that the 79 needs to go up one to get an overall grade A?

Ask your school what the process is for a review of marking; have you just had this result?
Reply 9
So are you saying that the 79 needs to go up one to get an overall grade A?

Ask your school what the process is for a review of marking; have you just had this result

Ya I just need one mark to achieve A
Original post by Rm12347
Ya I just need one mark to achieve A

So talk to school about this today as there is a time limit.

Quick Reply