The Student Room Group

I’m really struggling with A levels and feel so lost

So... I’m the typical student who did really well at GCSE to barely scraping by at A level. I had quite a bad year last year with some personal issues but managed to get 3C’s in AS Biology, Chemistry Maths, 1 Mark off a B in Biology, 3 marks off in Maths and 6 marks off in chem (I think). Anyway I’ve applied to medicine with foundation courses at uni and I’ve already had two interviews (waiting for a third) and it’s all going good BUT... we have mocks next week and I don’t feel prepared at all. I really needed a confidence boost and to do well in these mocks but with my interviews and some personal issues I don’t feel prepared. I feel like I’m the summer I won’t be get the grades to do foundation year medicine (even though it’s only BBC) if I do get an offer. Even when I revise for topic tests I still only come out with C’s and I really need some advice.. I feel so lost.
what the helllllllllll. I read this and this is literally me right now!d I m good at my sciences but find maths hard. it's the only one
we got 5 months till the real thing. try your hardest for the mocks but don't worry what u get. we gotta work hard hard for the next 4 months and we can catch up and get the grades we need. believe it's possible and we can do it. as and predictions just mean we have to work harder from now to get what we need. stay motivated and good luck. there's still plenty of time
Reply 2
It Acc just so **** tho Cos even when I revise for stuff I just get C’s maybe a B but I don’t seem to improve
Original post by lol0902
It Acc just so **** tho Cos even when I revise for stuff I just get C’s maybe a B but I don’t seem to improve

mood fr

we get what we deserve in the end, so keep working hard. don't get demotivated or you don't improve! trust me you're not alone with how u feel, just keep going. ask for more support if u need it and keep going
Original post by lol0902
So... I’m the typical student who did really well at GCSE to barely scraping by at A level. I had quite a bad year last year with some personal issues but managed to get 3C’s in AS Biology, Chemistry Maths, 1 Mark off a B in Biology, 3 marks off in Maths and 6 marks off in chem (I think). Anyway I’ve applied to medicine with foundation courses at uni and I’ve already had two interviews (waiting for a third) and it’s all going good BUT... we have mocks next week and I don’t feel prepared at all. I really needed a confidence boost and to do well in these mocks but with my interviews and some personal issues I don’t feel prepared. I feel like I’m the summer I won’t be get the grades to do foundation year medicine (even though it’s only BBC) if I do get an offer. Even when I revise for topic tests I still only come out with C’s and I really need some advice.. I feel so lost.

Hey!

Please remember that it is only January. Your mocks are there so you can track your progress.

I'm sorry to hear things aren't quite going the way you want at the moment, but if there are personal factors as well then go easy on yourself. You are working hard and progressing, if you keep this up I'm sure you will do amazingly :smile:

Keep plugging away, I know things can seem like they are piling up at times, but remember that your grades will be a combination of the hard work that you have put in, just keep going and working and you can get to where you want to go.

If you ever need any specific revision advice or you're having issues with any specific topics or questions, just ask here, the community are amazing and will be able to help.

I have no doubts that you will be totally fine, relax, give yourself some credit and push on to the end of the year!
Reply 5
So 3C’s in year 12 mocks with intention of going into Foundation entry medicine that requires BBC.

I find topic tests harder than actual mocks, simply because even though we just doesn’t that past week/ two weeks learning the topic, I get so bored doing the same topic questions over and over again.

I do the same subjects as you, Biology Chemistry and Maths.
I went through a phase where I felt the same and was totally demotivated. I’m also applying for a difficult course (pharmacy).

May I ask how are you revising? Maybe your technique isn’t brilliant/ there may be a better way since what worked at GCSE may not work now.

Most of all, do not worry, almost everyone is feeling the same about failing in the summer and panicking that there grades are not what the currently want them to be.

There’s several months till exams. Work hard, but remember to relax, and breathe, and remember that there could be worst things than not getting into uni.

Quick Reply

Latest