Jo151
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I'm wanting to study Religious Studies to increase the amount of GCSEs I have so I was wondering does anyone know if there is a GCSE Religious Studies exam board which covers its syllabus using one or two books?

Also, if you know where I would be able to buy it or them it would be a great help.

Thanks!

Grace
dorian81
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jo151)
Hi,

I'm wanting to study Religious Studies to increase the amount of GCSEs I have so I was wondering does anyone know if there is a GCSE Religious Studies exam board which covers its syllabus using one or two books?

Also, if you know where I would be able to buy it or them it would be a great help.

Thanks!

Grace
The choice to do RS is great, it opens up into so much!

I did AQA GCSE RS last year, it's a course where you cover two religions, I recommend Christianity and Buddhism, not only because I did them, but also because although Christianity is a fairly common one to study, that makes it easier, and it is nicely complimented by the Buddhism section, which is less well-known.

The course isn't too hard work compared to other subjects, and I reckon if you dedicate 5-6 hours a week (that's if you're teaching yourself), then you should get through it just fine.

I've linked both books below just in case you wanted to look at them.
If you've got any other questions I'd be happy to answer.

--
AQA Christianity

AQA Buddhism

AQA Christianity/Buddhism Revision Guide
Jo151
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks, Dorian. I've opted for AQA .

--
AQA Christianity

AQA Buddhism

AQA Christianity/Buddhism Revision Guide[/QUOTE]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (261)
46.44%
Take exams next summer (78)
13.88%
Change uni choice through clearing (120)
21.35%
Apply to uni next year instead (59)
10.5%
I'm not applying to university (44)
7.83%

Watched Threads