anyone else over 16 and dont use deodorant Watch

benwhite13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I'm a 18 year old guy I someone offered me deodorant, I kindly declined saying "I don't use deodorant" and he just looked at me like, you filthy person. but I don't sweat much and shower every other day. I don't believe I smell. I don't use any body spray either. am I weird.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You're doing your health a big favour not exposing yourself to all the junk that's in a regular deodorant, but I can only imagine how horrible you smell unless your diet is really on point with inoffensive stuff.
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Life tip - If someone offers you deodorant, it’s probably because you smell and they’re politely trying to let you know
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by benwhite13)
I'm a 18 year old guy I someone offered me deodorant, I kindly declined saying "I don't use deodorant" and he just looked at me like, you filthy person. but I don't sweat much and shower every other day. I don't believe I smell. I don't use any body spray either. am I weird.
Oh hell no. Are you kidding me? Just because you don't smell it, doesn't mean others don't...........
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
bro im disappointed, you had so much potential
YasudaSayo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm 18, female, and shower every other day. Sometimes I forget to use deodorant and it literally makes no difference.
bethwantsdeath
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i mean at least shower everyday then
TommyDH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I generally don't use deodorant either. If I'm going on a date or expecting sexy time I use some natural organic body butter that smells and tastes delish.

If it's particularly warm out or I'm going to be sweating then I'll use a natural ingredient body spray or rollon.

Nothing with chemicals etc.
Guru Jason
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Much prefer antiperspirant. Prevents sweating without all the obnoxious smells that make me feel ill.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I do in the UK - because its expected.. any even faint body smell is a considered bad here, so I go with the norm.

I don't when I am in China - because its expected.. over here the use of deodorant for every-day use (not perfume for special occasions) is considered a sign that your trying to hid the fact that you don't wash enough. Here the general social norm (in my area at least) is - if your not doing intense physical activity.. you should wash enough that you don't smell. If you are doing intense physical activity.. smelling is ok, until you wash straight away after. Showering once a day seems to be the norm - in the summer twice. Deodorant except for some sports/gym uses is seen as a sign that your to lazy to wash properly, and just want to hide your smell.

On balance - the english way is probably favorable to me.. I have one member of staff who works for me who smells awful and has really bad body hygiene. So strong that when they enter a room you can smell them from the other side - to the point where its becoming an issue for their employment. In the UK they would probably have just as bad hygiene, but at least the smell would be hidden from me by something not-quite-so bad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (261)
80.56%
Leave (63)
19.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise