The Student Room Group
Reply 1
When you say he likes you, in which way does he like you?
As a friend? More than friends?
Reply 2
Why does everyone hate him? Maybe you can help him change and use your position as a force for good.
Reply 3
can't you be friend with him and just say that it can't be anything else just keep saying just let be friends
Reply 4
Original post by Breadchuu
When you say he likes you, in which way does he like you?
As a friend? More than friends?

yes, more than friends
Reply 5
Original post by TommyDH
Why does everyone hate him? Maybe you can help him change and use your position as a force for good.

I actually don't know why everyone hates him. I think it's because once you get to be nice to him, he does something that makes you hate him again.
Reply 6
Original post by KimNoel
can't you be friend with him and just say that it can't be anything else just keep saying just let be friends

I don't want to make him feel friend zoned or rejected.
Reply 7
Original post by MnM_3579

but just say to him that u don't want to go further but say u still want to hang out?
Reply 8

Even so, you shouldn't feel bad for feeling the way you do. If you don't want anything or aren't interested, you don't have to be and you don't have to make it seem like you are just to spare his feelings. If you do, he might think you're leading him on, and that's not good at all.
Reply 9
Original post by Benj0
Even so, you shouldn't feel bad for feeling the way you do. If you don't want anything or aren't interested, you don't have to be and you don't have to make it seem like you are just to spare his feelings. If you do, he might think you're leading him on, and that's not good at all.

that's so true. I might do that actually.
Reply 10
Original post by KimNoel
but just say to him that u don't want to go further but say u still want to hang out?

ok. Thank you!
Reply 11
Stay nice! This generation needs more nice people! Everybody nowadays is so passive, selfish, rude and ignorant. It's unattractive.
Reply 12
I actually don't know why everyone hates him. I think it's because once you get to be nice to him, he does something that makes you hate him again.

wait, why do you hate him? what did he do to make you hate him or do you just hate him because everyone else hates him??
Original post by Jammo47
Stay nice! This generation needs more nice people! Everybody nowadays is so passive, selfish, rude and ignorant. It's unattractive.

It's nice to be nice, but only if people deserve it. If you're nice to people who don't then they have no incentive to modify their behaviour and attitude.
Reply 14
So, basically, there is this guy at my school and everyone hates him. Including me- but I don't show it as others do.I have been raised to be nice to everyone and that is what I was doing.but...Now the guy likes me and I can't get rid of him. What do I do???

You should ignore him as much you can. Some people take advantage of your courteous nature (I am not saying he is like this) and then the time comes where it becomes extremely difficult to sort them out. So you must be straight up with him otherwise its going to get difficult with time.
Reply 15
Original post by Allie4
wait, why do you hate him? what did he do to make you hate him or do you just hate him because everyone else hates him??

I feel like I might just hate him because the opinion from other people about him has made me not like him too. I don't really have a reason to not like him. All he has ever been to me is nice.
Reply 16
Original post by Edcrown
You should ignore him as much you can. Some people take advantage of your courteous nature (I am not saying he is like this) and then the time comes where it becomes extremely difficult to sort them out. So you must be straight up with him otherwise its going to get difficult with time.

I try to ignore him but it gets hard when he sits with me in each of my classes
I feel like I might just hate him because the opinion from other people about him has made me not like him too. I don't really have a reason to not like him. All he has ever been to me is nice.

thats a pretty dumb reason to hate someone, do you not have your own mind??
Reply 18
Original post by goggleyed
thats a pretty dumb reason to hate someone, do you not have your own mind??

your so true, that made me realize that I was being dumb for thinking that.
your so true, that made me realize that I was being dumb for thinking that.

the other posters are right that you shouldn't hate someone just because everyone else does, but equally you have no obligation to spend time or be with someone that you don't want to be with. So just try and find the right balance between being nice to him, because (as you said) he has only ever been nice to you, and not getting to friendly.

Latest