Suggestions for gaming laptops?

Watch
Noflufftech
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm into gaming. Can u pls suggest me what's the best laptop to use? My budget is only $1500.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Noflufftech)
I'm into gaming. Can u pls suggest me what's the best laptop to use? My budget is only $1500.
I can't make specific recommendations as I don't know the best places to look in the US, but there's dozens of great options at that price point. Look for an i7 8750H processor, 16GB of RAM, a GTX 1060 6GB or GTX 1070 graphics card, and a 256GB solid state drive paired with a 1TB HDD. Asus, MSI, EVGA and Gigabyte are my preferred manufacturers for gaming laptops, there should be plenty to choose from with your budget.
kazzykat95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You might find this thread useful: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5499044
TommyDH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
'Gaming laptop' is an oxymoron, get a proper PC innit. You can build one 10x better than any 'potatotop' with that budget. easily, especially if you go for refurbished and second hand components. I got my RX 580 for £60 off e-bay
Last edited by TommyDH; 2 years ago
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TommyDH)
'Gaming laptop' is an oxymoron, get a proper PC innit. You can build one 10x better than any 'potatotop' with that budget. easily, especially if you go for refurbished and second hand components. I got my RX 580 for £60 off e-bay
I agree. I’m not sure why anyone uses the term gaming laptop, do they not realise how ridiculous that sounds.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TommyDH)
'Gaming laptop' is an oxymoron, get a proper PC innit
(Original post by Bio 7)
I agree. I’m not sure why anyone uses the term gaming laptop, do they not realise how ridiculous that sounds.
While I definitely agree that desktops are the way to go, gaming laptops have come a long way in the last couple of years with the last generation or two of Intel and Nvidia's mobile CPU/GPUs coming in a lot closer to their desktop equivalents than ever before. I'm away from my desktop for 10 months of the year for work so I picked up a GTX 1060 based laptop for when I'm travelling, and I've yet to find a game that I can't hit 60fps and 1080p playing at high or max settings. Desktops are undoubetdly the superior platform for a huge number of reasons, but we've long since moved past the point where gaming laptops are considered a sh*tty product class that everyone should avoid.
Last edited by Gofre; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads