The Student Room Group

Which A Level subjects are lower class?

Which A Level subjects are associated with students who come from lower class backgrounds?

Scroll to see replies

afaik there are no A levels designed for that specific demographic ?

:dontknow:

i am sure that Mr Corbyn will surprise us if he gets his way.
Original post by Arran90
Which A Level subjects are associated with students who come from lower class backgrounds?

media, sociology, psychology, and other non facilitatung subjects. Posh students are known to take further maths. The risky ones take sciences. The others take business and stuff. Or just do btec. Not many underpriveleged people do A levels
(Original post by romemorris)media, sociology, psychology, and other non facilitatung subjects. Posh students are known to take further maths. The risky ones take sciences. The others take business and stuff. Or just do btec. Not many underpriveleged people do A levels
This is absolute nonsense. Lots of underpriveleged take A levels including science and further Maths. I dont believe there is a general list of subjects for underpriveleged and different people take different subjects.
Original post by swanseajack1
(Original post by romemorris)media, sociology, psychology, and other non facilitatung subjects. Posh students are known to take further maths. The risky ones take sciences. The others take business and stuff. Or just do btec. Not many underpriveleged people do A levels
This is absolute nonsense. Lots of underpriveleged take A levels including science and further Maths. I dont believe there is a general list of subjects for underpriveleged and different people take different subjects.

Ofcourse. You couldve been a lot more nicer when responding. Not all underprovelegedged take these but most of them do.
Your comment "Not many underpriveleged people do A levels". You made the put down comment dont complain when it is made clear you are taliking rubbish. Loads of underpriveleged take A levels including the so called facilitating subject which hardly anybody follows including most Russell Group universities. Students take different subjects depending on the courses they need to study not whether they are underpriveleged. It may have escaped your notice that many leading universities are offering lower contextual offers to take account of the difficulties underpriveleged encounter. I attach information on how Exeter university supports care leavers.
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/life/careleavers/
Original post by Arran90

ur a stupid hag, none of them loose weight mason
Original post by romemorris
Posh students are known to take further maths
Not many underpriveleged people do A levels

Complete nonsense
Original post by smallwinkie1234

Original post by smallwinkie1234

Why cant both of you losers talk nicely. I am an oxford offer holder and I am not rubbing my ego or attitude in your faces. Be humble losers.
Why cant both of you losers talk nicely. I am an oxford offer holder and I am not rubbing my ego or attitude in your faces. Be humble losers.

Troll?
Reply 10
there are no alevels which are designed for lower class it doesn't mean that because you are lower class you can't do the same stuff that high class thats discrimination against people.
Original post by kazzykat95
Troll?

Go check the Oxford thread.
Go check the Oxford thread.

You're boasting about being an Oxford offer holder, yet you tell others to "be humble". Okay.
Reply 13
You're boasting about being an Oxford offer holder, yet you tell others to "be humble". Okay.

calm down he only telling u
Reply 14
no, however i am doing normal alevels however when i was little i was properly lower class as i didn't get looked after properly so i got put in foster care when i was five put im now not doing BTEC anybody can do that

I am telling to them to be humble, I am not boasting about my offer!!!
I am telling to them to be humble, I am not boasting about my offer!!!

How are they not being humble?
How are they not being humble?

I actually meant rude. They were being wuite rude. They couldve argues nicely.

Now if you mind, I am revising!
Reply 18
I actually meant rude. They were being wuite rude. They couldve argues nicely.

Now if you mind, I am revising!

what are you revising
Original post by KimNoel
what are you revising

A level maths. Statistics. Normal approximations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending