The Student Room Group

Second Degree or Top Up

I have an ordinary degree from the OU. I'd like to attend a brick uni to do a STEM degree, but most of my previous study was more social science based. Can I now get funding to do a full-time honours degree (preferred choice), or is there part-time funding available? Alternatively, could I 'top up' the degree I have (although I would need quite a top up due to subject area) somehow? I've been going round in circles trying to find the answers!
Hi, if the course you are looking as studying as a STEM course they can be classed as an exception course and you can still receive the funding for this. Also you can top your current degree as long as there is a clear progression in study. Thanks, Aaron.
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Aaron
Hi, if the course you are looking as studying as a STEM course they can be classed as an exception course and you can still receive the funding for this. Also you can top your current degree as long as there is a clear progression in study. Thanks, Aaron.

Thanks Aaron. Can you point me to anywhere that I can get further info on this (eg. SFE)? I have one uni open day booked, but I'd like to go forward with more certainty about the financial aspect and what my choices are. Thanks.
Hi Felicitis,

It may be best to message us privately on Twitter or Facebook as we can then check multiple courses for you to see if they would qualify as a STEM exception. Please note that these are only 'exception' courses when studying part time.

You may also want to speak to universities to get an idea of where you may be eligible to study to help you make your decision.

Warm regards, Tégan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending