Should my sister call the police? Lorry hit her car, dented hit and her car went swer

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So a lorry hit my sister's car on a expressway. She went swerving in the road and the lorry dented her car, so she needs another car. The lorry stopped and asked if she was ok and the driver gave my sister their insurance details. I found my sister coming home crying. I want to call the police but she said he's given her he's insurance details.
Merfie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As soon as insurance details are passed it no longer becomes a police matter.
peterstewart997
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yea if it is just a minor incident, it is a civil matter between the insurance companies. So they will sort it out, as long as your sister has all the details, number plate, insurance details, driver name, then all ok.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Why would you call the police if the driver stopped and swapped insurance details? What are they going to do? Arrest the lorry driver for making your sister cry???? It will be sorted through the insurance companies. Don't waste polices time with minor incidents.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.7%
I'm not sure (11)
3.03%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (124)
34.16%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.65%
I'm not a current university student (165)
45.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise