Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I got accepted for the shadowing scheme but I don't really know what to expect when I get to the university. Any advice/tips?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by mira786x)
    Ok so I got accepted for the shadowing scheme but I don't really know what to expect when I get to the university. Any advice/tips?
    Hi mira786x,

That's really exciting! Are you looking forward to it?

My advice would be to try and compile as many questions as you can into a notebook. The shadowing scheme is the perfect opportunity to ask questions and find out more about higher education, direct from the most reliable source - our students! Ask about modules, field trips, placements, extracurricular opportunities, the SU - anything that takes your interest.

Ask for a tour of the campus and the city if you're not familiar with it. Ask them their favourite places and get the chance to see it through a University student's eyes. Talk with them about accommodation, finances, application tips - anything and everything!

Make sure you dress for the weather and plan ahead - layers are good as it may be colder/warmer than where you're coming from, if this isn't Plymouth

It would also be good to engage with the academics and the student's friends, to enquire about the course and find out about the university experience from multiple sources.

I hope this helps a little - I graduated from the University last year, so I'm more than happy to help you with any further questions you may have!

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep

University open days

• University of Plymouth
    All departments open Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Mar '19
  • University of Plymouth
    All departments open Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of Plymouth
    All departments open Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.