The Student Room Group

Will subjects be the end all?

Hi, so I do: Religious Studies, Psychology and Biology at the moment. But to a variety of reasons I am thinking of dropping RS to take up BTEC Business - it’s late I know but I can stay after all exams are done to finish Business off if I don’t manage to. I was just wondering people’s opinions on that though, as my teachers are advising me not to go through with me decision, but I really want to. Part of me has a small thought that I’ll be okay if I stay with three subjects, but most of me thinks it’s unrealistic with 4 months to revise everything for all subjects, especially considering I’ve done the bare minimum for RS this year and no revision in the past 4 months due to lack of time. My RS teacher said A-Levels are just to get your foot through the door to Uni (she said this with her argument of me continuing with the course). But surely with that logic, it wouldn’t matter if I do a BTEC or RS then? Oh btw I have applied to do Nutrition at Leeds, Oxford Brookes, Chester, Bath Spa - and another course at another but I’m not thinking of that place so it dm, and they have all said me taking Business is fine. What’s everyone’s opinions: are subjects the end all or not?
Thank you :smile:
Ok, so yes your third Level 3 qualification is a stepping stone to the course you want to get on, but it's also an important stepping stone. Imagine how hard it is to cross a river when there's a stone missing!

Now you need some 112 UCAS points for that programme? Ask yourself seriously, with 5 months to go what's the best way to get that Grade C? Focusing on brushing up on your RS, or starting afresh with Business?

This weekend, make the decision on what you think will be the most secure stone to step on to get you across the river to your future course.
as cringe as it sounds, my heart is set on Business: it’ll only take up lesson time and maybe a bit of school time so I’ll have every weekend and hometime for the other two subjects. but my doubt lies within whether Business will be okay. it’ll certainly help me get much better Biology and Psychology grades for sure but I guess I’m scared. I feel like I’ll probably feel like I should have done the opposite with whatever I choose to do :/

Quick Reply

Latest