Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe there is one true partner for you? watch

ReputationRep:
    As a Christian i believe that the Almighty has chosen a helpmeet for me.

ReputationRep:
    ''Do you believe there is one true partner for you?'' Yes

ReputationRep:
    Yh... i agree with you . Some people say monogamy is unnatural. And those who stick with such ideology "settle" or create some reality in their head.

And in all sincerity some find happiness.
    But are we ready to trade happiness / ideals we've held on to via (social media ... tv.. internet) for harsh reality.

if i see mia khalifa alone in a nightclub with nothing to do then yes

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think there is one, but realistically i'll never be with someone :/

ReputationRep:
    No. I am too ugly for anyone to find me attractive but I am happy being single. It means I have more time to invest in my hobbies.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheNamesBond.)
    I hear people all the time ‘waiting for the one’, like it’s in their ‘destiny’to meet one person and for that one person to be the only compatible partner for them in the entire world.

To me this seems quite naive to think that you should just wait and you’ll stumble across the one, I think there are many people that are real good matches for each other, not just one.
    Yeah I do, and I'm so lucky to have met them already. I don't think people should throw away amazing relationships though for fear that they aren't 'the one'.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNamesBond.)
    I hear people all the time ‘waiting for the one’, like it’s in their ‘destiny’to meet one person and for that one person to be the only compatible partner for them in the entire world.

To me this seems quite naive to think that you should just wait and you’ll stumble across the one, I think there are many people that are real good matches for each other, not just one.
    Everyone has a type, that type is not 1 person, it is a group of people. If there was only one person they would probably never meet.

ReputationRep:
    I think when people say they're waiting for 'the one', rather than meaning some universe-fated destiny partner that is the only person they could ever be happy with, they instead mean that one person that they'll run into by chance and happen to stick with until one party kicks the bucket.

There's probably at least a few such people kicking around for most individuals.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No - nobody seems to like me

srs though, the answer is no if youre asking 'is truly only one person for everyone?' Think about it, if there is only one person in the world for everyone, the chances you'd ever meet them are pretty slim to zero.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.