Can I get kicked for having an abortion Watch

Button134
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So basically I joined uni in September and it all started off fine. I love my course apart from one module but I could deal with that and then in early October I fell pregnant at this point I didnt realise but the first trimester of pregnancy really hit me hard I was so ill that’s when my grades started to slip. I realise in early November that I was pregnant and I had a complete meltdown my work and attendance completely dropped off. I made the decision in late November to terminate the pregnancy and thought I could pick back up at uni, I was wrong my mental state just wasn’t in it I missed a assessment I went to the uni and told them what had happened and they gave me a extension but I miss it because I just wanted to get home and I wasn’t given a clear idea on how long it was or much mental support. Even though my course is a foundation year and technically I can’t fail the art part. Now I’ve had a email and letter on have a meeting regarding my fitness to study on the 29th of jan, I go back to uni today and I’m terrified they want to kick me out. Do you think they will?
Routeri
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's just a meeting. No final decision has been made. As long as you take some action by going to a gp to discuss you mental health maybe some therapy will help you get back into the work mood and show that you are prepared to work hard from now on. You're unlikely to be kicked out if you show the desire to continue e.g by improving your attendance,etc.
harrysbar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Button134)
So basically I joined uni in September and it all started off fine. I love my course apart from one module but I could deal with that and then in early October I fell pregnant at this point I didnt realise but the first trimester of pregnancy really hit me hard I was so ill that’s when my grades started to slip. I realise in early November that I was pregnant and I had a complete meltdown my work and attendance completely dropped off. I made the decision in late November to terminate the pregnancy and thought I could pick back up at uni, I was wrong my mental state just wasn’t in it I missed a assessment I went to the uni and told them what had happened and they gave me a extension but I miss it because I just wanted to get home and I wasn’t given a clear idea on how long it was or much mental support. Even though my course is a foundation year and technically I can’t fail the art part. Now I’ve had a email and letter on have a meeting regarding my fitness to study on the 29th of jan, I go back to uni today and I’m terrified they want to kick me out. Do you think they will?
I very much doubt that your Uni want to kick you out, they will probably be sympathetic to what a hard time you have gone through.

The meeting will be to check that you actually are well enough now physically and mentally to continue with the course. If you're still not in the right place mentally, it might be better to postpone your place and start it again in September. But that is something for you to discuss with them, and if you want to remain on the course, you should try your hardest between now and the meeting so you can demonstrate that you are doing better now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?