Make sure you've done these things before you submit your personal statement! Watch
Our student Claire gave use her top ten tips for writing a great personal statement:
- Write your statement as a Word document, then paste it into UCAS.
- Proofread! And again, and again. Check your grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Be sure to stand out from the crowd.
- Include both life and work experiences.
- Don't mention where you are applying.
- Mention goals and ambitions.
- Make sure that your writing flows and be yourself!
- Be passionate and sell yourself.
- Talk about what you have done recently.
- International students- explain why it is that you want to study in the UK.
More about Birmingham City University