Producing a portfolio for Film Production University interview Watch

HourGlassGalaxy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello all,

I will be going to my first interview in a couple weeks and was wondering how I would present the things I have made to the interviewer, I have a Youtube channel which is mainly for my hobby of editing and some of the production I made in my first year of College (I have less actually filmed footage than a lot of my class because of what I chose to do during the sections) i.e an informative piece on Doctor Who or a admittedly failed attempt at a Stop Motion video. Most of the class is going in with two years of work as they had began as level 2 when I went straight to Level 3 of the course once I left school. Any help would be appreciated.

Also as a slight side note, how would the Universitys be with me including other people's work that they asked me to edit? The people I did it for are being quite rude about it saying that I should make my own version of the short and act like they gave me the footage but I do not have the time or will to do anything like that, especially when it would mean revoking half my credit.

Thank you once again for any help, you may be able to tell that I am slightly stressed but I think I got the point across... maybe...
hmscott
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi, have you been to any interviews yet? I am also preparing for my interviews for film production!😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
n1cole
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
im applying for film too, and quite a few unis have on their website what they want to see in a portfolio so maube give that a look
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Your showreel should be short and include what you think is your best work. Ideally with captions/intro slides explaining what the brief was (if there was one) and what role you played in producing the clip (eg if you edited a clip then say that, if you worked the camera, directed, wrote the script etc etc)
HourGlassGalaxy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by hmscott)
Hi, have you been to any interviews yet? I am also preparing for my interviews for film production!😊
I have not, my interviews don't start till early next month but I'm already stressing 😅
HourGlassGalaxy
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Your showreel should be short and include what you think is your best work. Ideally with captions/intro slides explaining what the brief was (if there was one) and what role you played in producing the clip (eg if you edited a clip then say that, if you worked the camera, directed, wrote the script etc etc)
Thanks for this! The mentioning of captions etc has.confirmed to me that I can use them - should be able to show some of my personal favourite pieces of editing I've done from my YT channel this way.
HourGlassGalaxy
Rep:
?
(Original post by HourGlassGalaxy)
Thanks for this! The mentioning of captions etc has.confirmed to me that I can use them - should be able to show some of my personal favourite pieces of editing I've done from my YT channel this way.
(Original post by n1cole)
im applying for film too, and quite a few unis have on their website what they want to see in a portfolio so maube give that a look
Ah good, I've had a look at some but a few are rather unhelpful 😅
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1116)
78.93%
Leave (298)
21.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise