Unsure about what to do about course transfer Watch

Meghan2000xx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I’m currently on a Sociology degree and I’ve asked to change course to English for September 2019, which the department has given me an unconditional offer for and I have accepted (internal transfer not UCAS) However I am unable to transfer any credits or modules because they aren’t similar, so I am unsure wether to withdraw from this academic year and just wait until September or just keep myself registered for this course until the end of first year. Could I do the bare minimum the rest of this year or would I get kicked out and prevented from starting in September.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Meghan2000xx)
Hi, I’m currently on a Sociology degree and I’ve asked to change course to English for September 2019, which the department has given me an unconditional offer for and I have accepted (internal transfer not UCAS) However I am unable to transfer any credits or modules because they aren’t similar, so I am unsure wether to withdraw from this academic year and just wait until September or just keep myself registered for this course until the end of first year. Could I do the bare minimum the rest of this year or would I get kicked out and prevented from starting in September.
Speak to your student adviser. If the offer is unconditional then you have to decide whether theres any point staying- friends, time at uni, getting a cert HE?

Alternative no study, get a job, earn ,money, go travelling, go home etc?

I think id leave and try to save money. Depends whether you enjoy the uni or not. Unless I loved the uni or it was amazing then id probably have done an UCAS application to look at other courses as well.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Meghan2000xx)
Hi Meghan,

Well done on getting the unconditional offer!

I would reiterate what the 999tigger suggested by contacting a student advisor for your current / new course to see what your university would say about either decision. I would also recommend contacting Student finance if you are receiving any Tuition fee loan / Maintenance loan.

Although your university is aware Student Finance would also need to be informed about your decision if or when you decide to leave this year early / change course as it will keep your funding up to date!

I hope this helps and best of luck in your new course.

Best wishes,

Patrick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?