Retake or nah? Watch

Sami.T
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Alright so here's the situation that i'm in. I'm really set towards the study of medicine at university and have applied to Cardiff and Birmingham. My interview at cardiff is in 10 days but that is irrelevant. I have gotten 2 offers for pharmacy that require me to get AAB OR ABB if i put Cardiff down as my first choice.

At AS, I did terrible. I managed to somehow scavenge a B in Bio and 2 C's in Chem and Maths. Alot of my cousins, who do dentistry and med, have told me to not retake any exams and focus on the A2 aspect of the A-Level.

What do you guys think?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sami.T)
Alright so here's the situation that i'm in. I'm really set towards the study of medicine at university and have applied to Cardiff and Birmingham. My interview at cardiff is in 10 days but that is irrelevant. I have gotten 2 offers for pharmacy that require me to get AAB OR ABB if i put Cardiff down as my first choice.

At AS, I did terrible. I managed to somehow scavenge a B in Bio and 2 C's in Chem and Maths. Alot of my cousins, who do dentistry and med, have told me to not retake any exams and focus on the A2 aspect of the A-Level.

What do you guys think?
The majority of medical schools will require AAA or better sat in a 2 year period. They do not like/ will not accept resits outside that 2 year window if at all. Can you up your grade from BCC to AAA or better? You should have been working hard over the summer to put things right.

Is AAA realistic? If you focus on A2, then you will need to do better than AAA as you need to make up the difference as well.

If your alternative is pharmacy in the UK, then be warned community pharmacy is saturated and doesnt offer great prospects, so just make sure you do your research.

Focus on medicine interviews and see what happens. No offers and then its not an issue and you do something else.

There always the chance of grad med or accepting maybe it inst for you. Things sometimes sort themselves out.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?