French and Economivs Watch

DaisyCharlotte
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello all
Is anyone out there applying to do a combined degree in French and Economics? No offers yet (although form only went over Christmas).
It is really hard to get an idea of offers etc because tools like the UCAS calculator don’t show offer likelihood for that exact course. For example, with UCAS predictions of AAB an offer from Warwick for Economics is less than 10% likely, but for Modern Languages it is over 90%. I literally know no one else applying for this combo.
Very hard to gauge!
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DaisyCharlotte)
Hello all
Is anyone out there applying to do a combined degree in French and Economics? No offers yet (although form only went over Christmas).
It is really hard to get an idea of offers etc because tools like the UCAS calculator don’t show offer likelihood for that exact course. For example, with UCAS predictions of AAB an offer from Warwick for Economics is less than 10% likely, but for Modern Languages it is over 90%. I literally know no one else applying for this combo.
Very hard to gauge!
I wouldn't go off the calculator if it doesn't cover the course specifically and it can't tell you exactly either way. What are your predicted grades?
DaisyCharlotte
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Grades are okay but not amazing; AAB
Did IGCSEs and got 7 A*s and a couple of A/Bs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.61%
Leave (374)
20.39%

Watched Threads