The Student Room Group

NHS bursary and maintennace loan.

Hi I wanted ask that if a student applies for a NHS bursary, do they get the payments on top of their normal maintenance loans or are the maintenance loans reduced. thanks.
Original post by U33B
Hi I wanted ask that if a student applies for a NHS bursary, do they get the payments on top of their normal maintenance loans or are the maintenance loans reduced. thanks.

which course are you applying for and where?
Reply 2
Msc Physiotherapy Pre reg
Original post by U33B
Msc Physiotherapy Pre reg

Hi @U33B,

From the 2018/19 academic year The Department for Education (DfE) will offer undergraduate funding from Student Finance for students on eligible Postgraduate Healthcare courses.

As Physiotherapy is classed as an Allied Health Professional (AHP) course the full package of support will be available.

The full package of support includes Tuition Fee's, Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants/Disabled Students Allowance (if applicable).

You can submit an application via your online account here. Applications for the 2019/20 academic year open as of yet, keep an eye on our website and social media pages for updates regarding the launch dates.

Regards, Aisha.
Reply 4
thanks for that. If I apply for NHS bursary, will that limit the amount of maintenance loan i receive from student finance?
Original post by U33B
thanks for that. If I apply for NHS bursary, will that limit the amount of maintenance loan i receive from student finance?

Hello,

The Government announced that in 2017/18 AY new students studying Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional (AHP) courses will no longer receive bursary funding from the NHS and will instead receive regular SFE support in the same manner as students studying non-NHS courses.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending