Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was studying part time 2007-2011 and was funded via grant. I didn’t complete due to I’ll health and would like to finish my studies. Could I be funded again to finish in 2019/20.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Elfino)
    I was studying part time 2007-2011 and was funded via grant. I didn’t complete due to I’ll health and would like to finish my studies. Could I be funded again to finish in 2019/20.
    Hello,

Are you thinking of returning to study part time or full time?

Do you have a particular start date, institution and course in mind?

Warm Regards, Dean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFE Dean)
    Hello,

Are you thinking of returning to study part time or full time?

Do you have a particular start date, institution and course in mind?

Warm Regards, Dean.
    Hi Dean

Thanks for responding.

It would be part time, as I was doing before. I’d be looking to change institutions closer to home. Uni of Oxford or Brookes or maybe Open Uni and possibly Autumn this year, if I could get things sorted. I’d have to find out how many credits I could get to transfer from my original uni. I’d be looking to change courses, as they don’t to the exact course I started (nearly completed). Possibly PPE or Politics and History.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Dean

Thanks for responding.

It would be part time, as I was doing before. I’d be looking to change institutions closer to home. Uni of Oxford or Brookes or maybe Open Uni and possibly Autumn this year, if I could get things sorted. I’d have to find out how many credits I could get to transfer from my original uni. I’d be looking to change courses, as they don’t to the exact course I started (nearly completed). Possibly PPE or Politics and History.
    Hello,

Under the previous rules where you received a grant, students had up to a maximum of 8 years of support to finish their course or twice the length of the full time equivalent whichever is the lowest. You also have to study at 50% intensity of a full time course.

Under the newer regulations, students have up to four times the length of a full time course to complete their studies part time (with a maximum of 16 years) however this is getting assessed for a Tuition Fee Loan and potentially a Maintenance Loan not a grant.

Open University distance learning students in general have to prove they can’t attend an institution in person due to a disability to apply the Maintenance Loan; however they can still apply for a Tuition Fee Loan.

Since you’ve had such a large gap in studies, it’s likely we’ll class you as starting a new part time course with a credit transfer from your previous course. If that’s the case, we should fund you through the new repayable loan system as you’ve only spent 5 years on a course so far.

Warm Regards, Dean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFE Dean)
    Hello,

Under the previous rules where you received a grant, students had up to a maximum of 8 years of support to finish their course or twice the length of the full time equivalent whichever is the lowest. You also have to study at 50% intensity of a full time course.

Under the newer regulations, students have up to four times the length of a full time course to complete their studies part time (with a maximum of 16 years) however this is getting assessed for a Tuition Fee Loan and potentially a Maintenance Loan not a grant.

Open University distance learning students in general have to prove they can’t attend an institution in person due to a disability to apply the Maintenance Loan; however they can still apply for a Tuition Fee Loan.

Since you’ve had such a large gap in studies, it’s likely we’ll class you as starting a new part time course with a credit transfer from your previous course. If that’s the case, we should fund you through the new repayable loan system as you’ve only spent 5 years on a course so far.

Warm Regards, Dean.
    Thanks, that’s really helpful.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks, that’s really helpful.
    Hi Elfino,

You're welcome! Anything else we can help you with please let us know!
    Thanks,
    Claire

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.