Which uni?? Watch

Kattes7787
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So basically I’m in this really awkward situation. I’ve always wanted to travel a move out when I go to uni just for the independence and the experience . I’ve applied to the uni by me because it’s the top in the course I want to do and is a Russell group . My second and third choices aren’t Russell group unis and aren’t the top for my course (one of the course has only been on for one year) however they are in new locations and I’d be able to live a new life there .
I’ve had offers from all three , however the Russell group uni by me has offered me the best offer that they will lower my grade boundaries and guarantee me accommodation if I put it as my first. It’s an amazing uni and has a fab reputation however I just don’t want to live so close to home. Whereas the other two unis aren’t the top and have slightly higher boundaries however I’ll have the full “uni experience”
Just wondering what anyone would do or if you go to uni or have been in this situation what would you do?
Thank you😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kattes7787)
So basically I’m in this really awkward situation. I’ve always wanted to travel a move out when I go to uni just for the independence and the experience . I’ve applied to the uni by me because it’s the top in the course I want to do and is a Russell group . My second and third choices aren’t Russell group unis and aren’t the top for my course (one of the course has only been on for one year) however they are in new locations and I’d be able to live a new life there .
I’ve had offers from all three , however the Russell group uni by me has offered me the best offer that they will lower my grade boundaries and guarantee me accommodation if I put it as my first. It’s an amazing uni and has a fab reputation however I just don’t want to live so close to home. Whereas the other two unis aren’t the top and have slightly higher boundaries however I’ll have the full “uni experience”
Just wondering what anyone would do or if you go to uni or have been in this situation what would you do?
Thank you😊
If the university allows it you can go to your first choice and still move out if its close, remember not to purely base your decision on ranking though.
kurro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can still go to the uni accommodation.

Or just move out to a studio/flat, tell your parents you want to be more independent and have the full 'uni experience'. But you should reassure them you will not go partying every night and drinking.
Kattes7787
Rep:
?
Yeah ok thanks both , I’ll look into that x
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you😊
Pretty much all universities guarantee accommodation for freshers if you firm them.

Can you be more specific: which course is this? And which 3 universities?
Kattes7787
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Pretty much all universities guarantee accommodation for freshers if you firm them.

Can you be more specific: which course is this? And which 3 universities?
It’s an optometry course and it’s Cardiff uni which I’m by and the other 2 unis are UWE and Plymouth
kurro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s an optometry course and it’s Cardiff uni which I’m by and the other 2 unis are UWE and Plymouth
My first choice is Cardiff hahaha
(computer science)
MinaBee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't feel apprehnesive about being so close to home. When I was choosing universities I couldn't decide between putting one that was 5 hours from home as my firm or the one that was 30 minutes away. Like you, I wanted to move away and start over. I ended up going to the one that was 30 minutes away as I much preferred the course but I've still had the chance to have the whole uni experience. Always go for the course you think would be best.
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pick the course (there will be some differences between them) and the university you most prefer. Have you visited them all?

There's no rush to decide - you have until May
Kattes7787
Rep:
?
(Original post by MinaBee)
Don't feel apprehnesive about being so close to home. When I was choosing universities I couldn't decide between putting one that was 5 hours from home as my firm or the one that was 30 minutes away. Like you, I wanted to move away and start over. I ended up going to the one that was 30 minutes away as I much preferred the course but I've still had the chance to have the whole uni experience. Always go for the course you think would be best.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking it’s the best course , you said you got the whole uni experience which is good as that’s all I want . Thank you!
Kattes7787
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Pick the course (there will be some differences between them) and the university you most prefer. Have you visited them all?

There's no rush to decide - you have until May
Ive visited all except Cardiff which I’m seeing next week , yeah that’s good at least I got until May 😅
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?