Is Marine & Natural History Photography hard to get onto? Watch

ronnie166
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to apply for this course, I love landscape photography. I have just wondered what job oportunites there are after this course? If it won't work well with nature photography could I be working in Commercial photography and advertising photography? I heard that many of graduate students work in National Geographic. Would be very hard to get job there after finishing this course? I am really passionate about nature photography but I am living about 9 hours from there and I am afraid to risk as I am scared that it will be hard to find jobs after this degree.
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ronnie166)
I want to apply for this course, I love landscape photography. I have just wondered what job oportunites there are after this course? If it won't work well with nature photography could I be working in Commercial photography and advertising photography? I heard that many of graduate students work in National Geographic. Would be very hard to get job there after finishing this course? I am really passionate about nature photography but I am living about 9 hours from there and I am afraid to risk as I am scared that it will be hard to find jobs after this degree.
which university is this at?
ronnie166
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
which university is this at?
It is Falmouth univeristy
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is Falmouth univeristy
the course has a 90% employment rate apparently, theres more stats here which tell you what graduates from the course went into https://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/empl...eturnTo/Search
ronnie166
Rep:
?
the course has a 90% employment rate apparently, theres more stats here which tell you what graduates from the course went into https://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/empl...eturnTo/Search
Thank you very much

So if it says marine and natural history photogrpahy it dosen't mean that I won't be able to work in other kinds of photography aswell? Also I would like to do master after and am I able to do for example master in graphic design or in tv production? I am just thiking of other options if it dosent work out with photography
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you very much

So if it says marine and natural history photogrpahy it dosen't mean that I won't be able to work in other kinds of photography aswell? Also I would like to do master after and am I able to do for example master in graphic design or in tv production? I am just thiking of other options if it dosent work out with photography
yes it wouldn't necessarily mean sticking to that type of photography, you'd have to check individual masters as they'll all be different.
ronnie166
Rep:
?
yes it wouldn't necessarily mean sticking to that type of photography, you'd have to check individual masters as they'll all be different.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.61%
Leave (374)
20.39%

Watched Threads