Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Failed final placement and repeated it and halfway I am now being referred to my university Fit to practice panel.

My final 12 week placement I did well until week 10 where my mentor devised an action plan and I was given only 1 week to improve as she was going on holiday the final week of my placement.
    I was failed on week 11 of my placement. I decided to repeat the 12 week placement in a different clinical setting , where it started well. I had my an action plan meeting with my mentors week 2 without initial interview. This procedure took my confidence and my mentor was speaking to me like I am stupid. I had my initial interview on week 4 , where we agreed on learning objectives. On week 5 I paused my placement due to stress at work on GP's advice . Arranged a return to work meeting where I was told that I will be referred to Fit to work panel because I did one medication error which I acknowledged. I need advice as this is really stressful at this time.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Tess22)
    Failed final placement and repeated it and halfway I am now being referred to my university Fit to practice panel.

My final 12 week placement I did well until week 10 where my mentor devised an action plan and I was given only 1 week to improve as she was going on holiday the final week of my placement.
    I was failed on week 11 of my placement. I decided to repeat the 12 week placement in a different clinical setting , where it started well. I had my an action plan meeting with my mentors week 2 without initial interview. This procedure took my confidence and my mentor was speaking to me like I am stupid. I had my initial interview on week 4 , where we agreed on learning objectives. On week 5 I paused my placement due to stress at work on GP's advice . Arranged a return to work meeting where I was told that I will be referred to Fit to work panel because I did one medication error which I acknowledged. I need advice as this is really stressful at this time.
    Hey there :jumphug:

Sounds like you're going through a lot at the moment so just wanted to say that you're going to get through this and you can do this! :penguinhug:

Have you spoken to your Uni/supervisor about this?
    And just to be clear, what sort of area is this in? Medicine? Just so I can refer you to the right forum to get the best advice :jumphug:

Here for you,
    Cheese

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.