The Student Room Group

Is this bullying?

My uncle who I almost never see and I never talked too before who is over 60 years old attacked me verbally in the most nonsensical and abusive way possible - what happened was, his wife asked me what my plans are so I answered; that I’m going to apply to a top university next year after redoing my a levels “I dropped out after a year from a crap university” and that after a decade or two I’m going to become the head chief of a forunte 500 company in a half joking manner.

She started teasing me and telling me that’s bull and that I should take a break from studying and work as a bin man or an office boy. I laughed at her ridiculous suggestion then out of nowhere, my uncle jumps in and starts spewing verbally abusive sentences that have no connection to each other; ‘why are you laughing, no one is laughing’ ‘you think you are fun?’ ‘you are a cockroach, you are from the sewers’ ‘you think I can’t buy for my children what you have’ ‘look at him, even his shorts are branded’.

I’m the only child of his sister, a retired civil engineer, he has a professional job too that’s relatively similar. The difference is that he has four children and a wife to support. My budget is much higher than his children who look deprived. I’ll add to that, that I’m much better looking than his children, more popular socially and actually have a personality.

Was this the green eyed bullying monster? Or am I overreacting to rubbish by a senile idiot?
Reply 1
‘why are you laughing, no one is laughing’ ‘you think you are fun?’ ‘you are a cockroach, you are from the sewers’ ‘you think I can’t buy for my children what you have’ ‘look at him, even his shorts are branded’.
lolllllll i think your uncle was joking
Reply 2
Original post by Ara2,
‘why are you laughing, no one is laughing’ ‘you think you are fun?’ ‘you are a cockroach, you are from the sewers’ ‘you think I can’t buy for my children what you have’ ‘look at him, even his shorts are branded’.
lolllllll i think your uncle was joking

Haha nope, at the beginning he was dead serious. My mother asked him about some of his comments like his cockroach comment. He said he wanted to ‘push me” so I’ll be more motivated.

Quick Reply

Latest