The Student Room Group

Need help ??- Uni Accommodation

My top universities are Hertfordshire and Royal Holloway and Brunel. I’ve been to their open days and saw their accommodation but I didn’t get the chance to talk to current students about student accommodation
I need some help ??
Original post by Amandaedegbe
My top universities are Hertfordshire and Royal Holloway and Brunel. I’ve been to their open days and saw their accommodation but I didn’t get the chance to talk to current students about student accommodation
I need some help ??

Post on the individual uni forums or contact the unis again and ask to be put n contact with student reps. Hyst id the halls that you are interested in for type, ensuite or not, catered or not, cost and location. If you get suck then ask to visit again.

You dont always get a chance to visit halls.
Have a look on YouTube to see if any students have put vids up or they are mentioned on uni crowd.
I need some help ??

Hi Amandaedegbe,

I'm a graduate from Royal Holloway and lived in Kingswood my first year (and loved it) so I'm happy to answer any questions you have about accommodation.

Equally, we have a number of students on our website that you are welcome to chat to about how they found their accommodation. You can start a conversation here.

Susana :smile:
I need some help ??

Hi @Amandaedegbe,

Lovely to hear we are one of your top unis :u:

Have you had a look at the accommodation compare feature? https://www.herts.ac.uk/life/student-accommodation

Are you thinking of staying on College Lane or de Havilland? I can then find a bit more info for you.

There's a walkthrough video tour of the different accommodation types here.

I'll also tag in our student reps @Herts UG Student Rep and @Herts PG Student Rep.

Thanks,
Heather
Hi @Amandaedegbe,

The accommodation is fairly different between the two campuses - College Lane is a bit more modern as most of the halls were built in the last few years, and from what I've seen of them they're pretty nice. Since there are more of them there's a bit more variety in what you can get as well, with some variation in price. They are closer to the Forum and a lot of the schools are based on College Lane, so it's convenient from that point of view.

The de Haviland campus rooms are mostly the same between halls and I believe they are all en suites - although bear in mind they're not exactly huge en suites! De Haviland is where the sports centre and Athletic Union are based, as well as all the training pitches. There are some schools based on de Hav, including the Business and Law schools.

I lived on de Haviland in first year but studied on College Lane. There's a shuttle bus that runs between the two campuses usually every ten to fifteen minutes, or alternatively its about a 20 minute walk, so it isn't too inconvenient. I quite enjoyed getting to experience both campuses, and I still live on the de Haviland side of Hatfield now.

As Heather mentioned it is worth taking a look at the video tours, as that's the best way to get an idea of what the accommodation itself is like. If you have any more questions then do let me know!

Hope that helps.

Theo

Quick Reply