Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have two questions. First of all, I did my undergraduate degree in Scotland. Scottish unis do not give out their grades as percentages, but rather as letters. I've heard that KCL requires 65% but is it 65% in overall (so in Scotland that would be a 2:1) or is it 65% each academic year (well in this case that would be pretty bad.) Also, I'm not from an English speaking country but I did my high school diploma and my undergrad in English (the latter in the UK obvs). Do I have to sit an English language test anyway? KCL's website is not very helpful tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miki3999)
    Hi guys,

I have two questions. First of all, I did my undergraduate degree in Scotland. Scottish unis do not give out their grades as percentages, but rather as letters. I've heard that KCL requires 65% but is it 65% in overall (so in Scotland that would be a 2:1) or is it 65% each academic year (well in this case that would be pretty bad.) Also, I'm not from an English speaking country but I did my high school diploma and my undergrad in English (the latter in the UK obvs). Do I have to sit an English language test anyway? KCL's website is not very helpful tbh.
    The condition for your place to be confirmed is a regular 2:1. The rest is aspirational nonsense about what King's would like to see.

You don't have to do an English proficiency test. The undergrad is sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohanGRK)
    The condition for your place to be confirmed is a regular 2:1. The rest is aspirational nonsense about what King's would like to see.

You don't have to do an English proficiency test. The undergrad is sufficient.
    Thanks! It’s so annoying that they are not saying what they exactly want but decide play games with stressed candidates instead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miki3999)
    Thanks! It’s so annoying that they are not saying what they exactly want but decide play games with stressed candidates instead...
    Well, it's a classic case of a university advising you about what you would realistically need to get an offer (being on track for 65% plus) vs the minimum conditions you need to meet to have that offer confirmed (a 2:1). LSE's website has the same problem imo. They could have made the distinction between the two requirements a bit clearer.

UCL's website is better in the sense that it just says "2:1 or above" and leaves candidates to infer that, the higher the grades, the better the chances of admission, but without making any promises.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.