What Percentile are TSR GCSE Students In? Watch

Kroznox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've been wondering about the mean percentile of GCSE students using TSR. To be more precise, what's the performance of GCSE students on TSR compared to students that don't use this website. If the grades achieved by TSR members during their GCSE's is in the 50th percentile and below, I'll be seriously shocked. How on earth do so many people achieve straight 9's, when I'm struggling to maintain my current results.

Seriously, I'm starting to feel a little disheartened because in this community everyone is excelling, whereas I'm contemplating the state of my grades. When I go to school the next day, I realise that I'm not too bad, but the moment I open TSR, it really changes by mindset in a volatile manner. Am I, in fact, sub-par compared to the national average? Or does TSR attract a rather high performing community of students.

Please, feel free to share your answers. Thanks!
dorian81
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kroznox)
I've been wondering about the mean percentile of GCSE students using TSR. To be more precise, what's the performance of GCSE students on TSR compared to students that don't use this website. If the grades achieved by TSR members during their GCSE's is in the 50th percentile and below, I'll be seriously shocked. How on earth do so many people achieve straight 9's, when I'm struggling to maintain my current results.

Seriously, I'm starting to feel a little disheartened because in this community everyone is excelling, whereas I'm contemplating the state of my grades. When I go to school the next day, I realise that I'm not too bad, but the moment I open TSR, it really changes by mindset in a volatile manner. Am I, in fact, sub-par compared to the national average? Or does TSR attract a rather high performing community of students.

Please, feel free to share your answers. Thanks!
I think that you'd find that people who have got good grades are generally more likely to share and discuss, either due to bragging reasons, or because they feel that they are in a better position to advise (which they could be).

You've just got to remember that every person is good at something different, and you need to find your area and excel in it. I'm not saying you're academic, I was in the exact same position as you last year after my mocks. I had something like 8 ungraded to grade 3 GCSE mocks, in a school where the average grade is a 9, and I thought I was pretty useless. I just switched up my revision methods though and it all turned out OK in the end, so just stay committed in what you want to do, and keep heart!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.61%
Leave (374)
20.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed