Choices - My Future or My Health Watch

CMCC98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been studying Drama at QUB for the past 2 years and this year I graduate, and am looking to wards what I should do after. Knowing what I want to go into, I think either a postgrad or a course around my uni is best. However, going to university has affected me badly. I've had mental health issues, my physical health has plummeted since I started uni, whereas prior I had never even missed a day of school for sickness.

My head says study more to get a better job, but my heart says another year of university could make me worse. Anyone felt like this, or has any advice on what I should do?
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CMCC98)
I have been studying Drama at QUB for the past 2 years and this year I graduate, and am looking to wards what I should do after. Knowing what I want to go into, I think either a postgrad or a course around my uni is best. However, going to university has affected me badly. I've had mental health issues, my physical health has plummeted since I started uni, whereas prior I had never even missed a day of school for sickness.

My head says study more to get a better job, but my heart says another year of university could make me worse. Anyone felt like this, or has any advice on what I should do?
If your health is getting worse then there's no shame in taking a break to get back on track if you wanted to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?