The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature poetry comparison is killing me

The amount that I need to write is overwhelming for a 30 mark question that is worth less than the An Inspector Calls question. Do I need to analyse Structure,Form and Language for both poems or can I get away with maybe analyse the form of poem 1 and structure of poem 2 plus language analysis for both poems? This question feels like 2 An Inspector Calls questions but only have 30 marks available.
(edited 5 years ago)
btw in case you don't know we need to analyze form, structure and language to get perfect marks
You should compare the language, structure and form for both poems, that’s the point of a comparison essay! It’s not too hard, compare the rhyme schemes, comment on language / literary devices and the effects of these etc. Overall you’re just commenting on how the writers adopt similar or different methods of writing poetry. for example “Sonnet 116 is an iambic pentameter (ABABCDCDEFEFGG) which creates a heart beat rhythm, thus the poem has aspects of passionate love. This is mirrored in Duffy’s poem, where passionate love is portrayed through the use of the erotic metaphor......”
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest