PenguinPotato
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, sooo I am getting my Edexcel A level results on the 24th of this month *dying inside*

The thing is I really really wanna get into med school, and my predicted results pass the entry requirement SO i was wondering if any of you guys know any fully funded scholarships available for (international) med students.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PenguinPotato)
Hey guys, sooo I am getting my Edexcel A level results on the 24th of this month *dying inside*

The thing is I really really wanna get into med school, and my predicted results pass the entry requirement SO i was wondering if any of you guys know any fully funded scholarships available for (international) med students.
International scholarships are extremely competitive. Studying Medicine in the UK as an international student is hard - expensive and competitive. The thing is that international studies is treated as a privilege and not a right.

Remember that competition for international medical students are ridiculous anyway (Oxford is 100 to 1?). There are usually 2 or 3 scholarships per year.

Read https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5724448 for a similar question literally asked earlier about 2 weeks ago. So you can see how many people wanted to compete.
Last edited by ecolier; 2 years ago
PenguinPotato
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I noticed yes, and thank you for the link.

I saw a merit-based scholarship offer at David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. I guess there is no harm in applying, when I get my results that is. Better give it a shot than not at all.
(Original post by ecolier)
International scholarships are extremely competitive. Studying Medicine in the UK as an international student is hard - expensive and competitive. The thing is that international studies is treated as a privilege and not a right.

Remember that competition for international medical students are ridiculous anyway (Oxford is 100 to 1?). There are usually 2 or 3 scholarships per year.

Read https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5724448 for a similar question literally asked earlier about 2 weeks ago. So you can see how many people wanted to compete.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PenguinPotato)
I noticed yes, and thank you for the link.

I saw a merit-based scholarship offer at David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. I guess there is no harm in applying, when I get my results that is. Better give it a shot than not at all.
Indeed there is no harm.

I thought you were asking about UK admissions. TSR is a UK based forum, and while they may be US med students / doctors I wouldn't expect an answer coming fast!

:goodluck:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (23)
13.37%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.98%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.23%
I need help with my personal statement (72)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (40)
23.26%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.74%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.56%

Watched Threads