A-level Combo for Civil engineering? Watch

thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey!

I'm considering going into Civil engineering and I was wondering if these A-level's are a good combo. Physics, Maths and Business

After sixth-form I'm planning on applying for degree apprenticeships in civil engineering as well as applying for unis just in case! Will these options be well-suited for my career path?

Also, is business really a "soft subject" and is it worth doing?? If it isn't I may switch it for psychology but I don't know whether this is a good idea for engineering.

Replies appreciated!
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
Hey!

I'm considering going into Civil engineering and I was wondering if these A-level's are a good combo. Physics, Maths and Business

After sixth-form I'm planning on applying for degree apprenticeships in civil engineering as well as applying for unis just in case! Will these options be well-suited for my career path?

Also, is business really a "soft subject" and is it worth doing?? If it isn't I may switch it for psychology but I don't know whether this is a good idea for engineering.

Replies appreciated!
Look at the entrance requirements for the courses you are interested in. They might also like to see further Maths if available or computer science or another stem subject. You have to check v their requirement. The Ph and Maths are negotiable.
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Look at the entrance requirements for the courses you are interested in. They might also like to see further Maths if available or computer science or another stem subject. You have to check v their requirement. The Ph and Maths are negotiable.
I've looked around and it seems that the most places only care about the physics and maths. I don't think computer science is an option because I didn't do it at gcse. Do you think I should choose psychology or business?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
I've looked around and it seems that the most places only care about the physics and maths. I don't think computer science is an option because I didn't do it at gcse. Do you think I should choose psychology or business?
Just do it in line with the entrance requirements.
If both are fine then do the one you enjoy and can get the best grade in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?