The Student Room Group

pls I need someone to help me I'm out of time.

Anne drops her 16 year old granddaughter Sophie off at the local coach station so that Sophie can travel home after staying with Anne for the school holidays. After bidding her farewell, Anne goes to her place of work.
Halfway through the journey, Sophie’s coach driver, Bert, in an attempt to avoid an oncoming vehicle driven by Emma, swerves to the other side of the road. Emma is driving on the wrong side of the road as she is drunk, having consumed several gin and tonics at a business lunch. The coach misses Emma’s vehicle and crashes into a petrol station, hitting the petrol pumps and bursting into flames. Bert and Sophie are killed in the fire.
Mike, a customer at the petrol station and an off-duty police officer, runs to assist. He pulls a number of bodies from the coach wreckage including those of Bert and Sophie. He is in no danger himself, but suffers post-traumatic stress as a result of what he sees at the incident.
Anne hears of the incident the following day. She travels to the morgue and insists on viewing Sophie’s body. As a result of what she sees, she now suffers from nightmares and clinical depression and can no longer work.
Reply 1
nice story
You were given guidance on this the last time you posted it. You will have been provided with all the relevant law that you need in relation to psychiatric harm as part of the course materials. What in particular is giving you difficulty?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending