The Student Room Group

Liverpool Hope

I have an interview on Friday for primary education with QTS. The need to bring an artefact is throwing me off as I’m not sure on anything to bring with me. Any examples ?
Reply 1
As much help as possible please ! I am so stuck
Original post by e20018
I have an interview on Friday for primary education with QTS. The need to bring an artefact is throwing me off as I’m not sure on anything to bring with me. Any examples ?

Hi @e20018 :hello:

Congratulations on receiving an interview date , that's great news!

In terms of your interview, your artefact may be something you can use in the classroom. It would be up to your discretion at what you choose to bring with you, but it could be anything from a book to an interactive object/toy/game or a piece of text like a poem etc.

I hope this helps but of course if you have any concerns please do give me a shout

Best of luck with your interview

Ruth & Ashley :h:
Reply 4
Have you got any examples of what people have used in the past?
Original post by e20018
Have you got any examples of what people have used in the past?

Hey :rolleyes:

A member of our team who studied a PGCE at Liverpool Hope, for example created a new mathematics game from snakes and ladders to use in a classroom, and used this as their artefact.

Students in the past have also brought in children books/novels that have really inspired them. Other students have also brought in items that resemble themselves for example a Yorkshire flag for a student who is from Harrogate.

If you want to be savvy you maybe want to bring something that ties in with the curriculum on the course you are wishing to apply for (Primary QTS) to showcase how you could use the item to help your teaching.

Again though, this is down to your choice and is a great chance to show your creativity.

I hope this helps, and as always please don't hesitate if you have any more questions.

Tom :five:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending