Harris Westminster entrance exams 2019 Watch

Zodrod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by stpnp)
if you look at their 2019 admissions policy, they say 'up to a maximum of 600 students will be invited to interview', and that marks achieved in the interview 'will be combined with the exam marks with the weighting 1 (interview marks): 4 (test marks) to get an overall score'. They also say 300 places will be available in year 12.
Good luck (to you and whoever else reads this)!
So if someone scored 380 in the test does the nature of the 'weightings' make it impossible to get in? If so, why invite them for an interview?
stpnp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Zodrod)
So if someone scored 380 in the test does the nature of the 'weightings' make it impossible to get in? If so, why invite them for an interview?
Maybe not 'impossible', but certainly harder for those who scored less in the exam. The ratio does seem a bit strange, I agree, but I'm not the one to ask for answers about that lol. I've looked on the admissions policy for anything to further explain this, but as far as I can tell, this is the most information we get! If you want to look for yourself, here's the link:

https://www.harriswestminstersixthfo...-20-policy.pdf
Zaratomaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Cosmicxx)
I wish I was this relaxed! I understand the point on personal interpretation though, at least everyone can have different perspectives and still have a right answer. When is she doing her's? And I'm sure you're going to do great in bio
Ahh thanks, and I'm sure you'll do well too! She has hers on the 16th at 2PM.
Zodrod
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by stpnp)
Maybe not 'impossible', but certainly harder for those who scored less in the exam. The ratio does seem a bit strange, I agree, but I'm not the one to ask for answers about that lol. I've looked on the admissions policy for anything to further explain this, but as far as I can tell, this is the most information we get! If you want to look for yourself, here's the link:

https://www.harriswestminstersixthfo...-20-policy.pdf
Thanks for the link! 😁
Amari_113
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
What should I talk about for my philosophy interview
Cosmicxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
How did people’s interviews go? I have mine tomorrow at 9 and I’m kind of freaking 😅
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Amari_113
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
what subject you doing im doing philosophy
Cosmicxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
English lit. Do you know what you’re going to talk about?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%