The Student Room Group

Was I Catfished??

Ex boyfriend blocked me Sunday and he NEVER blocked me bfore and what's strange is yesterday before he blocked me I was on a singles site where I also met him a while back and a guy messaged me but it awfully seemed like my ex with same age and height. He asked to ask then sent his phone to text I said I couldn’t already move on to texting, 30 minutes after I wrote that at 9:30 am my ex blocked me on viber at 10 am and I know because his online status was no longer visible. When I tried calling the number the "dating site guy" gave to check if it was legit, i found it was one of those made up free numbers from an app. Does it sound like it was my ex boyfriend trying to catifsh me? My ex would also use apps like textfree to get a number form and text me. Why did he block me? Apparently I hurt him and I tried going back and he complained how I hurt him so he expected me to keep trying? I asked earlier December to meet and he couldn't because he had to take his dad the alterations... Does this mean despite this he still had feelings and hopes to get back together? What would make him block me? Why would he block when I tried going back to him and last time we spoke he was very cordial and said thanks for checking up on me, even though he didn't come meet he asked how school was but didn't suggest another date to meet. he could've blocked me right then and there but to randomly do it and on that day specifically I'm baffled as to what's going on?
It sounds like your ex or a friend of his did try to catfish you.
It also sounds like you are better off far away from the ex.
He sounds unpleasant, controlling and disturbed.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
It sounds like your ex or a friend of his did try to catfish you.
It also sounds like you are better off far away from the ex.
He sounds unpleasant, controlling and disturbed.

THanks and from this situation what do you think would make him block me?
Reply 3
Original post by tamialiana

He's clearly hurt.

Though it's his own fault, shouldn't be playing games like that. If he has something to say to you he should say it.

Sounds like you're better off without him, he clearly needs has growing up to do.
Original post by tamialiana

He probably realized that you guessed about the catfish, wanted to punish you for guessing what he was up to and had a temper tantrum.
Could also be that he wants to upset you so that you beg him to unblock and agree to do whatever he says.
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
He probably realized that you guessed about the catfish, wanted to punish you for guessing what he was up to and had a temper tantrum.
Could also be that he wants to upset you so that you beg him to unblock and agree to do whatever he says.

OMG 10000000000% true!!!
real question is why are you using viber :lol:
Reply 7
Original post by I'mComingOxford
real question is why are you using viber :lol:

Because I have family outside of the U.S.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending