yoloraquel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I am an American student from California and I have applied for the psychology course at the University of Manchester. Do I even have a chance of receiving an offer?

SAT: 1410 (1420 superscored)
Predicted GPA: 4.6
I have 3 AP scores: AP Psychology (5), AP English Lang (4), and AP US History (4).
I have 5 predicted AP scores: AP Calculus AB (5), AP English Lit (5), AP Government (5), AP Latin (4), and AP Music Theory (4).
hollymarie17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! Can you explain how the number scoring works? I’m talking about the numbers in brackets! What’s best, what’s worst, what’s the average etc?
yoloraquel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by hollymarie17)
Hi! Can you explain how the number scoring works? I’m talking about the numbers in brackets! What’s best, what’s worst, what’s the average etc?
AP tests are scored from 1-5, with 5 being the best. I have often seen 544 given the equivalent of ABB.. the averages vary by test..
SAT is scored out of 1600.
Last edited by yoloraquel; 2 years ago
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The requirements are shown on their website and if you meet those then you will probably receive an offer

https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/psy...international/
1Person
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you really asking? You are not applying to oxbridge dude...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads